ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2-General_Dependants_queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gayarama
Newly Registered

Tier 2-General_Dependants_queries

Post by gayarama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:39 am

Dear all,

I found this forum is very helpful. I tried reading several topics on maintenance, as I am not really clear, I opened this topic.

At present I am in Tier 2 General category (came under one year Contract Visa valid from 17 June, 2016 to June 26 2017). Now my contract become permanent, planning to extend my Tier 2 visa for 5 years in the month of April. After getting my extension, I am planning to apply for my family (my husband and my daughter), who are in India at the moment.

My query is, should I show fund maintenance for them in my bank account for 90 days or can I use my A-rated sponsor maintenance certificate for the dependents (which they are happy to provide)???

The reason I am asking this question is one of my friend send me this policy guidelines notes which says the following

Family member of a Tier 2 Migrant (point 65 in policy guidance)
65. If you apply separately from the main applicant you will need to have the necessary funds to meet the maintenance requirement or have a written undertaking from an A-rated Sponsor, unless the main applicant already had leave in a Tier 2 category and when applying for their most recent period of Tier 2 leave was not required to show evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.

Because during my extension I believe I don’t need to show any evidence of satisfying maintenance requirements.

Is it true? Do I need to maintain funds in bank account for 90 days?

Please help.

I do have few other doubts, may be I will ask them after this.....

Thanks in advance

vinny

Re: Tier 2-General_Dependants_queries

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:36 am

319C wrote:(g) Unless the Relevant Points Based System Migrant is a Tier 1 (Investor) Migrant or a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Migrant, there must be a sufficient level of funds available to the applicant, as set out in Appendix E.
Appendix [url=https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-e-maintenance-funds-for-the-family-of-relevant-points-based-system-migrants]E[/url] wrote:(i) In the following cases, sufficient funds will be deemed to be available where all of the following conditions are met:

(1) the Relevant Points Based System Migrant to whom the application is connected has, or is being granted, leave as a Tier 2 Migrant or as a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant,
(2) the Sponsor of that Relevant Points Based System Migrant is A-rated, and
(3) that Sponsor has certified that, should it become necessary, it will maintain and accommodate the dependants of the relevant Points Based System Migrant up to the end of the first month of the dependant’s leave, if granted, by either:
a. endorsing the certification on the Certificate of Sponsorship, or
b. providing the certification in a letter from the sponsor which includes:
i. the applicant’s name,
ii. the sponsor’s name and logo, and
iii. details of any limit on the level of the undertaking provided.
The undertaking may be limited provided the limit is at least £630 per dependant. If the relevant Points Based System Migrant is applying at the same time as the applicant, points will only be awarded if the Relevant Points Based System Migrant provides a valid Certificate of Sponsorship reference number with his application.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:58 am

Thanks vinny for your kind help. Now I will use maintenance letter for sure.

My another query: Regarding care arrangements for my daughter_She is 3 years old, should I have to show nursery placement or child minder availability for her?

Regarding Accomodation: Should i have to take a one bedroom flat? If it is true, Can I submit a house contract showing it will be available during their arrival or should I live in that flat during their application?

The reason I am asking these two questions are, some say these are not mandatory, some say it is...Please help friends.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:07 am

319H wrote:(l) All arrangements for the child’s care and accommodation in the UK must comply with relevant UK legislation and regulations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm

Thanks vinny.......

Let me read it and come back if I am still not clear.....Thanks :)

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi again,

Got the point that Accommodation (one bedroom flat_without overcrowding) and care arrangement is mandatory, but i couldn't understand whether the main applicant should live in that accommodation during dependents application or a house contract showing availability from the date of the dependents planned travel is sufficient?

Sorry to bother you. May be a silly old regular questions, but Please help. Thanks in advance.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi friends,

One more doubt, one of my friend is willing to give a letter to me saying accommodation is available in her house. She is living in a three bedroom house with her husband. Is it possible to show that as a accommodation for my dependent's application? If so, can anyone share me a format for that letter? or should it be in the form of an agreement?

Thanks in advance for your help.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:50 pm

Please anyone reply to my doubt..This is my friend own house...will a letter stating accommodation availability for my dependents be enough or should it be in a formal tenancy agreement?

srsw

Post by srsw » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:08 pm

Are you living in a shared accommodation or studio flat currently? Don't you have enough room for your dependants at your existing place? Just trying to understand your current situation.

Your existing landlord or agent may have to provide a no objection letter for your dependants to live with you. You can then say that your husband will then be added to the tenancy agreement upon arrival (don't know if this can be done in advance).

You don't have to show any nursery placement for your kid (I don't think you can get a place unless your child is here in the UK).
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:11 am

Hi srsw,

Thanks for your reply. I am living in a shared accommodation now (single room). I can't show this accommodation for my dependent's application (husband and 3 years old daughter). I am planning to bring my family in the end of May. I am not living in my friends house. When I am looking for an accommodation, my friend (owner of a three bedroom house) gave this suggestion to me.

Can I submit her letter saying accommodation is available for all three of us from 1st week of June or should it be in a format of Tenancy agreement? Should I submit any other proof or details of my friend (landlord). Will this be enough for the application?

Thanks in advance for your help.

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:12 am

If they get visa, do you intend to live in your friend's accommodation on a short term basis or long-term? If long-term, then you might as well get a proper tenancy agreement. Just a thought.
My advice is based on personal research/experience, so pls check relevant UKVI sources.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:57 am

No I am not intend to live in my friends house for long term...Hardly for one month, until we stabilize. It's hard at the moment for me to find a house with all these high rent and agency fees and contract. So I thought, we can take a house after my family is here.

Do you think still a Tenancy agreement is needed?

srsw

Post by srsw » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:03 pm

I think a cover letter from your friend may be sufficient (if you are not going to pay them and the arrangement is only for 3-4 weeks or until you find a rental property). But again, this is just my opinion not backed by any proper sources.

You might want to wait for others comments.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Thanks srsw for your reply.

Friends are there any other suggestions??

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Friends can any anyone else suggest on this?
If I need a tenancy agreement, how it should be done with a private landlord? What is the agreement format or procedure?
Please help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:47 pm

A tenancy agreement has a standard format. Google 'Assured Shorthold Tenancy' which is mostly for sole occupation of a property. Alternatively, Google 'lodger agreement' if you are only renting a room.

If you have a letter from him and proof of his property ownership and council tax, this should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Thanks CR001.

This forum is really helpful. Sure I will update you all soon with our application process.

Thanks

gayarama
Newly Registered

Post by gayarama » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Dear All,

A quick doubt...all sorted for my dependent's application. Planning to submit it tomorrow form India. Can I use UK bank visa debit card during the online payment or should I have money in Indian account? I don't have any credit card or Mastero Card. It says Visa card in the bottom of the online application, but want to confirm whether UK bank visa debit card will be accepted.

Please reply.