ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When was your passport returned?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

When was your passport returned?

Post by Grendels » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:13 pm

INIS says to allow a minimum of 4 weeks for the return of your passport after submitting a citizenship application. When was your passport been returned to you? Was it with acknowledgement letter or second letter, or some other time?

pukon_check

Re: When was your passport returned?

Post by pukon_check » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:24 pm

They returned with acknowledgement letter...

Avi0905
Newly Registered

Post by Avi0905 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:05 pm

I am waiting as well - Getting very nervous as I am flying at the end of the month. When did you submit your application ? I did mine on the 27 of March.

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:29 am

pukon_check wrote:They returned with acknowledgement letter...
Thanks. I posted mine on 24 Feb. When I emailed the citizenship division last week, they said it should "hopefully" be returned this week. I got a notice from DHL they're delivering something today, so I'm hoping it's my passport!
Avi0905 wrote:Getting very nervous as I am flying at the end of the month.
You might want to ask them if you're likely to get it back by end of this month. If not, perhaps you could request it back from them early, and then return it when you return from your trip.

aracati
Ireland

Post by aracati » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:27 pm

I sent mine on 6 of march 2017 , no sign of my passport back at the moment, should I be worried about it?

Grendels
Newly Registered
South Africa

Post by Grendels » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:47 pm

aracati wrote:I sent mine on 6 of march 2017 , no sign of my passport back at the moment, should I be worried about it?
I wouldn't be worried about it. As the passport is returned with the acknowledgement letter, and the timeline thread ireland/2017-citizenship-approvals-time ... 22579.html has that has being about 6-8 weeks after application is made, you are still within that window of time.