ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension to Visitor's visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

m_c_shah
Newly Registered

Post by m_c_shah » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:46 am

Hi,

My in-laws have come from India to UK on Visitor's VISA granted for 6 months. Can I apply for their visa extension while they are still in UK. If so how long would be the extension possible.

Also, if they need to go back to india, How long they need to wait, before they can apply for the visa again.

Thanks
Mehul

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:39 am

See also paragraph 44 and 10.2 - Requirements for a visitor under the Rules (Frequency and duration of Visits).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Extension to Visitor's visa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:06 pm

m_c_shah wrote:Hi,

My in-laws have come from India to UK on Visitor's VISA granted for 6 months. Can I apply for their visa extension while they are still in UK. If so how long would be the extension possible.

Also, if they need to go back to india, How long they need to wait, before they can apply for the visa again.

Thanks
Mehul
Only under extreme circumstances, like civil war or tsunami type things back home...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....