ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD BORN ABROAD WANT TO REGISTER UNDER MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naveed24
Pakistan

CHILD BORN ABROAD WANT TO REGISTER UNDER MN1

Post by Naveed24 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 am

Dear Members

I need help in terms of advice. I acquire British Citizenship through long residence. I have 2 children and wife. 1 child is British Citizen and my wife and other child(11 years old) was on FLR FP route. My elder child who is on FLR FP was born abroad. Please guide me what I have to do now for their citizenship? My wife and child is in the UK lawfully from last 9 years.They get extensions of stay with me always as my dependant. Now can I apply direct under MN1 for my daughter or she needs ILR first? If so, which section I can apply under? what documents do I need to send with application? She has a valid visa until August 2018.
For my wife: Can she apply for long residence next year as 10 years will complete next year? I'm confused as on approval letter of FLR FP they said you need to complete 120 months on this route in order to elligible for ILR but she is already here from last 9 years all lawful residence with mixture of student, TIer 2 dependant and now FLR FP route.Just want to mention that our immigration history is clean as never get refused, never enjoy appeal rights etc.

Please guide me accordingly as I'm confused with this and I know this is the best place where I can get amazing help and advice. Desperately looking for advice from experts.

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: CHILD BORN ABROAD WANT TO REGISTER UNDER MN1

Post by Route to ILR » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 pm

Naveed24 wrote:Dear Members

I need help in terms of advice. I acquire British Citizenship through long residence. I have 2 children and wife. 1 child is British Citizen and my wife and other child(11 years old) was on FLR FP route. My elder child who is on FLR FP was born abroad. Please guide me what I have to do now for their citizenship? My wife and child is in the UK lawfully from last 9 years.They get extensions of stay with me always as my dependant. Now can I apply direct under MN1 for my daughter or she needs ILR first? If so, which section I can apply under? what documents do I need to send with application? She has a valid visa until August 2018.
For my wife: Can she apply for long residence next year as 10 years will complete next year? I'm confused as on approval letter of FLR FP they said you need to complete 120 months on this route in order to elligible for ILR but she is already here from last 9 years all lawful residence with mixture of student, TIer 2 dependant and now FLR FP route.Just want to mention that our immigration history is clean as never get refused, never enjoy appeal rights etc.

Please guide me accordingly as I'm confused with this and I know this is the best place where I can get amazing help and advice. Desperately looking for advice from experts.
Child born abroad can't apply MN1 until both parents settled in the UK and one parent should have BC.

ouflak1

Re: CHILD BORN ABROAD WANT TO REGISTER UNDER MN1

Post by ouflak1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Naveed24 wrote:Dear Members

You might apply under 3(1) as it is possible to get discretion because the child has a sibling who is a British citizen, even if the mother is not settled and/or simultaneously applying for citizenship. There has been a recent case on this forum of someone who was successful on this route. But even they wouldn't reccommend it. It is a lot of money and entirely at the discretion of the case worker/Home Office. I seem to recall his case dragged on a bit, and there were multiple BC siblings involved, which possibly made the case stronger. If you can, the most certain and secure route is to get the child and mother ILR and then go from there.