ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English (UKVI IELTS) - send original certifiate or coy?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

taffet87
Pakistan

English (UKVI IELTS) - send original certifiate or coy?

Post by taffet87 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:59 am

Hi

My wife is applying for a spouse visa from Pakistan, she just did UKVI IELTS Academi and got a good score.
We need to make her application in the next couple of days but I want to check if we need to send the original IELTS test result form to UKBA as well?

Problem is we need to send that to GDC in the UK (she is a dentist and needs to register for ORE and they want the original IELTS certificate as well).

I understand there is a unique reference number with UKVI IELTS and that's all the UKBA want to indeendently verify UKVI IELTS test scores. Can we therefore attach a photocopy of IELTS test score with UK family visa application as proof and not the original?

AES90
- thin ice -

Re: English (UKVI IELTS) - send original certifiate or coy?

Post by AES90 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Hi,

You will need the original certificate. English requirement is one of the main requirements and advice on the govt supporting documents page state that this must be original.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks. I also have the NARIC comparibility letter and english level assessment (B2 level).
I think I will then instead send:
- Original Non-UK degrree (dentistry) Bahelors
- Letter from university (it is about 40 dys old) confirming degree was taught and assessed in engish
- Original certificate of comparaibility with UK degre from NARIC
- Statement of english level assessment from NARIC

Should I send in addition to above:
- copy of UKVI Academic IELTS certficate as a backup score 7.5 overall (8.5 Listening, 7.5 Speaking)

Hoping all the above is sufficient?

The university letter is 40 days old as we got it to get the UK NARIC statements of comparibility and english language assessments - any issues with that?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:47 pm

Another anstonishing fact for you will be that IELTS academic will not be accepted for spouse visa as it's not on HO list even though it's of high level. IELTS SKILLS for life is on their list which need to be done from their approved centres. I guess your naric strategy maybe fine but not 100% sure that their letter shouldn't be older than 28 days like a lot other documents shouldn't be.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:54 pm

Thanks. I do not think you are correct about this. UKVI IELTS Academic is accepted.

Normal IELTS Academic or General are not accepted.

Will appreciate advise or experience from other people, if possible as well please.

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:30 am

As you're providing UK NARIC certificate then that should be absolutely fine. You will have to say you're exempt from the English requirement and state the degree. Guidance on this provided by HO also confirms this.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:44 am

taffet87 wrote:Thanks. I do not think you are correct about this. UKVI IELTS Academic is accepted.

Normal IELTS Academic or General are not accepted.

Will appreciate advise or experience from other people, if possible as well please.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 pm

Yes, and the link you provided says IELTS for UKVI is accepted.
IELTS for UKVI is in General or Academic format - bot hare accepted. Even a 4.0 score is good enough for B1 level in either of the two formats

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:53 pm

How about the approved center as on list.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:01 pm

Yes, all the IELTS centres for UK VI are listed at the back so they are allowed.

The first page of the link actually clarifies that for IELTS for UKVI they do not need any documentation at all and just need the Unique reference number so that's perfect. I think that answers my question.