ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship by marriage

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Citizenship by marriage

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:07 pm

Hi all
I wrote my situation in another attached post but i want to say thouroughly and from the begining and i hope someone would be able to enlighten me.
Me and my wife got married in other country in 2010. She is eu citizen. She has been living in ireland more than 4 years out of 8. I have been living in ireland with her 3 years with stamp 4 based on zambrano.
My question is: can she apply for irish citizenship and if she gets it,can i apply for citizenship straightaway as well not waiting 3 years after obtaining citizenship? Onece again i have to mention that we are married 7 years?
Thanks

pukon_check

Re: Citizenship by marriage

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Hey
I was talking to my very knowledgeable friend
In your ground you can apply for Irish citizenship straight away once ur wife get her Irish citizenship..
Ur previous status will be counted as reconable
Resident..

Good luck

zaza7625
Member of Standing
Georgia

Post by zaza7625 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:14 pm

pukon_check wrote:Hey
I was talking to my very knowledgeable friend
In your ground you can apply for Irish citizenship straight away once ur wife get her Irish citizenship..
Ur previous status will be counted as reconable
Resident..

Good luck
thanks pukon_check.
You told me prevous status. I have only 3.5 years status as a stamp4 possessor. So as i undestood right,still i can apply for citizenship counting those prevous years before obtaining citizenship.
Thanks pukon check

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:20 pm

Yes you I had a long chat with my knowledgeable friend and he confirmed me that ur previous status will be counted..
It's good go ahead once she get ur wife citizenship

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Please continue in your other topic. It is not necessary to keep starting a new topic multiple times with the same question.

ireland/citizenship-question-t228693.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.