ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May not receive CoA before family permit runs out

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ausguy6624
Newly Registered

May not receive CoA before family permit runs out

Post by ausguy6624 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Hello,

I am Australian, on a non-eea family permit which expires in one month.

I am afraid I will not get my CoA before my permit expires and that it will cause trouble with my employer.

Reading the common questions sticky eea-route-applications/eea-faqs-common- ... 14867.html

It seems like I could leave the UK then re-enter the UK and "seek to enter as a family member of EEA national". Could I only do this after my current permit expires? Is this a valid strategy?, it seems strange that I would have to do that.

Many thanks for your help

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: May not receive CoA before family permit runs out

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:31 pm

ausguy6624 wrote:Hello,

I am Australian, on a non-eea family permit which expires in one month.

I am afraid I will not get my CoA before my permit expires and that it will cause trouble with my employer.

Reading the common questions sticky eea-route-applications/eea-faqs-common- ... 14867.html

It seems like I could leave the UK then re-enter the UK and "seek to enter as a family member of EEA national". Could I only do this after my current permit expires? Is this a valid strategy?, it seems strange that I would have to do that.

Many thanks for your help
No need to open multiple threads with the same question. Please wait until someone can advise in your original thread.
eea-route-applications/non-eea-travelli ... l#p1472911
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.