ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born - Student mother and on DLR father

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Child Born - Student mother and on DLR father

Post by khalidhaku » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:22 pm

Dear Members,

My question is as under:-

A Baby boy born (my grand son) on 2 April 2017 on Student mother (my daughter in law) and on DLR father (my son). Please let us know which type of leave or visa apply for new born baby? Whom to apply is from mother side or father side? Baby boy's mother student visa expires on 12 Oct 2017 and his father have DLR of 6 years route and due ILR in Dec 2018.

Please also let me know how much health surcharge will pay and application fee as well (Home Office reimbursed our application fee and health surcharge on our 1 extension).

I will be very grateful if you could give us any good advise.

Thanks & Regards

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Child Born - Student mother and on DLR father

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:10 pm

khalidhaku wrote:Dear Members,

My question is as under:-

A Baby boy born (my grand son) on 2 April 2017 on Student mother (my daughter in law) and on DLR father (my son). Please let us know which type of leave or visa apply for new born baby? Whom to apply is from mother side or father side? Baby boy's mother student visa expires on 12 Oct 2017 and his father have DLR of 6 years route and due ILR in Dec 2018.

Please also let me know how much health surcharge will pay and application fee as well (Home Office reimbursed our application fee and health surcharge on our 1 extension).

I will be very grateful if you could give us any good advise.

Thanks & Regards
Best solution is wait until father gets ILR then register child as BC under section 1(3) use MN1 form.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:47 pm

Dear Route to ILR,

Thanks for your answer. But problem is that my son want to register my grand son to get Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit and these need to be register with DLR or ILR cards (BRP). For my son ILR time will be in Dec 2018. How can he get Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit without cards (BRP).

Please need more advise.

Thanks & Regards,

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:42 pm

khalidhaku wrote:Dear Route to ILR,

Thanks for your answer. But problem is that my son want to register my grand son to get Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit and these need to be register with DLR or ILR cards (BRP). For my son ILR time will be in Dec 2018. How can he get Child Tax Credit and Child Benefit without cards (BRP).

Please need more advise.

Thanks & Regards,
Register your grand son where??

As far i know to get CTC and CB your son only needs birth certificate of his son. If child born in UK he doesn't need a visa. A child can't be illegal or overstayer. Child only needs visa if your son is taking him abroad ( To come back to the UK)

If child father is entitled to benefits he can get CTC and CB without any problem. Child BRP is not required.

Seniors can shed some more light on this topic

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Thank you so much, your are star. I need some more clarification coz you said where? CTC & CB in HMRC.
One of my colleague have same problem coz his daughter applied his son BRP card and Home Office sent card of her son but mentioned that on card 'No recourse of public fund'. She's been scared and withdraw her son CTC & CB and now she is not taking CTC & CB before getting card she took CTC & CB (you said right she's been applied before card on the basis of Birth Certificate).
If my son applied for BRP card if same scenario will happened than what step we will take? Can we stop to get CTC & BC or should continue to get both.

Please explain more.

Thanks & Regards,

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:22 pm

khalidhaku wrote:Thank you so much, your are star. I need some more clarification coz you said where? CTC & CB in HMRC.
One of my colleague have same problem coz his daughter applied his son BRP card and Home Office sent card of her son but mentioned that on card 'No recourse of public fund'. She's been scared and withdraw her son CTC & CB and now she is not taking CTC & CB before getting card she took CTC & CB (you said right she's been applied before card on the basis of Birth Certificate).
If my son applied for BRP card if same scenario will happened than what step we will take? Can we stop to get CTC & BC or should continue to get both.

Please explain more.

Thanks & Regards,
Tricky Question. If i am in your son position i will not apply BRP. If i need BRP than i won't claim benefits. Because in BRP it clearly says "No Recourse to public funds". Better to avoid applying BRP.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Route to ILR wrote:Tricky Question. If i am in your son position i will not apply BRP. If i need BRP than i won't claim benefits. Because in BRP it clearly says "No Recourse to public funds". Better to avoid applying BRP.
A child DOES NOT claim benefits. The parent who is entitled to claim is the one claiming. Even if child has 'no recourse to public funds', the PARENT can still claim for the child.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:50 am

Dear Char,

Thank you so much.

Stay Blessed.

Regards

khalidhaku
Pakistan

Post by khalidhaku » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Dear respected members,

Please let me know which type of form do I fill and send to HOME Office for my grand son BRP Card and how much fee as well.

Thanks & Regards,