ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Daughter's dependent visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

svasu

Daughter's dependent visa

Post by svasu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa which is valid till Aug 2017. My daughter's dependent visa is also valid till Aug 2017. My wife, who was also on dependent visa, was recently granted entry clearance under Tier 2 General visa. I will be switching to dependent visa in-country as soon as my wife joins me. My wife will be travelling on her own with the newly granted Tier 2 visa and our daughter will stay with her grandparents for a few months.

I request some clarification on my daughter's visa situation. Apologies if similar questions were asked by other forum members:
1. Once I switch to PBS dependent visa in country, what will be the visa status of my daughter who is currently my dependent? Will it cease to exist the day I switch visa?
2. Can my daughter apply for entry clearance as my wife's dependent? Can this be done while her current visa is valid or should we wait for it to expire?

Anticipating your reply. Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Daughter's dependent visa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 pm

1. Once I switch to PBS dependent visa in country, what will be the visa status of my daughter who is currently my dependent? Will it cease to exist the day I switch visa?
Yes as her visa is wholly dependent on your Tier 2 General.
2. Can my daughter apply for entry clearance as my wife's dependent? Can this be done while her current visa is valid or should we wait for it to expire?
Yes and yes, she can apply at any point but remember that she must enter the UK within 30 days of visa being granted as it will only be valid for 30 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

svasu

Post by svasu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:36 pm

Char.. thanks for the quick reply, its much appreciated.
1. what happens if she does not travel within 30 days of granting visa? does she have to apply for entry clearance again?
2. Once she is granted entry clearance visa, can she travel to the UK with her grandparents (on visitor visa) for example? Is it a must that she has to travel with her parent(s)?
3. Can her grandparents submit her entry clearance visa application in the home country? With my wife sending all required documentation before hand?

Sorry if some of these questions are too basic in nature.. don't want to get it wrong

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:47 pm

1. what happens if she does not travel within 30 days of granting visa? does she have to apply for entry clearance again?
She has to apply and pay for a replace visa vignette. So suggest apply closer to when she will travel back.
2. Once she is granted entry clearance visa, can she travel to the UK with her grandparents (on visitor visa) for example? Is it a must that she has to travel with her parent(s)?
Should be ok, provided grandparents get a visa. For your daughter, there is a question about who she is traveling with as far as I am aware.
3. Can her grandparents submit her entry clearance visa application in the home country? With my wife sending all required documentation before hand?
They are not her legal guardians so no, one of the parents will need to sign the form and probably issue a letter to the grandparents to submit with the child as child will need to do biometrics.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

svasu

Post by svasu » Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:56 pm

thanks for the response Char.. Hope you have a good weekend.. at least whatever is left of it.. :D