ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) - evidence required to meet financial requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

matt1020
Mood:
United Kingdom

FLR(M) - evidence required to meet financial requirements

Post by matt1020 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

Dear Forum Members,

I am a British citizen by birth and the sponsor of my wife, who is here on a spouse Visa (5-year route). I am currently employed on a contract which finishes on the 31st August, and her Visa expires during the first week in September. I've already started looking for continuing employment but I'm concerned what our options will be if I am unable to find a new job by then? My wife works, but her income is nowhere near sufficient to meet the financial requirements of £18,600. I have some savings but they are also well below the amount needed to meet the financial requirements. We don't have children either.

I will probably be making the application for FLR(M) in the middle of August, at which time I will still be employed. By that time I'll have evidence of being employed for the preceding six months. My question to the forum relates to exactly what evidence of employment I will be required to submit to the HO. If I only need to supply my wage slips for the preceding six months, then I don't really need to worry about the fact that my employment will finish within a couple of weeks of making the application. However, if I'm required to submit a letter from my employer, or contract of employment, as proof of my continuing employment then I will be a bit stuck. My other question is how far in advance would you need an assurance of employment for it to be considered as 'continuing employment'? I have just applied for a contract which would end on the 31st October, and I hoped that would be sufficiently far enough into the future to meet the requirement.

I was hoping that someone might have recent experience of making an application for FLR(M) and can let me know exactly what was requested. Needless to say, I don't wish to shell out the best part of £1,500 gross I'm absolutely certain we meet the requirements.

Many thanks in advance for helpful feedback.