ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Continue with Appeal or Reapply for Wife's dependant UKvisa?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

roko
Newly Registered

Continue with Appeal or Reapply for Wife's dependant UKvisa?

Post by roko » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Dears,

Great to see so many supportive people out here sharing their experience with visa applications :o Keep up the good work!!!

Visa type: Non-settlement Dependant visa
Date applied (Lahore): 29 Nov 2007
Visa Refused: 11 Dec 2007
Appeal filed to via UK Barrister to AIT: 21 Dec 2007
ISB Embassy received letter from UK Court: 15 Jan 2008
ISB Respondant to file reasons for refusal by: 28 Mar 2008
Court issues hearing date: after 4 weeks of receiving bundle from respondant!

I am on an HSMP since last 2 years and employed full-time all this time in the UK. My Wife's visa was refused by the ECO stating inapropriate accomodation and bank and salary statements dont match. Both arguments were addressed in my wife's original application and I had attached tenancy agreement for my 3 bed house and Site survey done with a qualified solicitor (presume he didn't bother to look) Also no problem with 6 months salary and payslip (with inconsistent payment dates... but everything legally done and verifyable). (Again assume ECO was high on coke and didn't bother to match salary statements.)

1) I rang the ISB embassy yesterday just to discover that nothing has been done on the appeal and the respondant can take from anything between 3 months to 1 year to issue a reply. How true is that statement when court set a date to reply by 28 Mar 08?

2) What would happen if ISB respondant fails to send a timely response?

3) The amount of time this process is taking what would you suggest if instead of waiting atleast 3 months to get a hearing date, I revoke my appeal and re-apply a fresh application?

Looking forward :(