ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Holder - Applying for Residence Card

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mayyoo19
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Holder - Applying for Residence Card

Post by mayyoo19 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi there..
I am in the UK with an EEA Family Permit as the wife is an EEA National. We moved to UK last month and she has started working since last week. Please advice should we apply for my Residence card along with her registration or should we apply for her registration first. Also, two application form has to be filled separately while applying for both the registration certificate and residence card and included in the same courier?

Thanks in Advance!

kamoe
European Union

Re: EEA Family Permit Holder - Applying for Residence Card

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:33 pm

mayyoo19 wrote:Hi there..
should we apply for my Residence card along with her registration or should we apply for her registration first.
I am assuming you mean her Registration Certificate as a Qualified Person? If so, please note this is not mandatory for her, but is useful to demonstrate her status. If she choses to apply for this, you can do it as you prefer, either you first, her first, or apply at the same time (which in your case is easier and makes sense).
Also, two application form has to be filled separately while applying for both the registration certificate and residence card and included in the same courier?
Yes, you should fill an application form per person, so two forms, if you apply at the same time. And yes, you will send them at the same time in the same envelope.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

mayyoo19
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Holder - Applying for Residence Card

Post by mayyoo19 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:59 pm

Thanks! In that case, we will fill EEA QP form for her registration certificate and EEA FM form for my application. would that be correct? Also, she has just started working and has only 15-20 hours a week and at the most 30 hours a week as she is a newbie but has permanent zero hour contract. Is this an issue while applying for the Reg Cert as we will have only a months bank statement (April) and her salary end of the month won't be much. Does it affect the application in anyway? I am planning to apply by the first/second week of May. We are in the UK since March 3, 2017.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Mahesh