ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rizzu155

Spouse Visa from India

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Hi experts,

This situation might have been discussed in past, appreciate if you shed light on this.

I am British currently living in India, and got British citizenship 1.5 years back after naturalisation (5 years Tier2 route)

My wife and daughter living with me in UK as PBS dependent, We had to shift India for family reason last year and now my dependent's visa are expired.

We are planning to come back to UK Please suggest what visa required for my dependent, can we go with PBS dependent visa again ?

Thanks. Riz

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa from India

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:26 pm

rizzu155 wrote:Hi experts,

This situation might have been discussed in past, appreciate if you shed light on this.

I am British currently living in India, and got British citizenship 1.5 years back after naturalisation (5 years Tier2 route)

My wife and daughter living with me in UK as PBS dependent, We had to shift India for family reason last year and now my dependent's visa are expired.

We are planning to come back to UK Please suggest what visa required for my dependent, can we go with PBS dependent visa again ?

Thanks. Riz
No as your wife and daughter are no longer Tier 2 Dependents. You will have to apply for settlement visas for them both and meet all the conditions including your minimum earnings level of £22,400 p.a and they will need A1 level English from an approved UKVI test provider.

In addition to the visa fees they will also have to pay the IHS surcharge of £600 each.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks for quick reply. Really appreciate.

When you say settlement visa, Can I apply for ILR for my dependents as in when settlement visa expires or they need to be in UK for certain duration to qualify for ILR/Citizen ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:36 pm

They need 5 years of residence (2.5 + 2.5)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:59 pm

I've assumed your daughter wasn't born in the UK :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks for kind info.

Yes my daughter born in India.

Got another question, If they apply Settlement (2.5 + 2.5 yrs) can we directly apply for naturalisation or need to apply for ILR first ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:25 pm

Assuming they meet all the standard conditions, including permitted absences during the 5 year qualifying period, your wife and daughter can apply for BC immediately after being granted ILR.
(Casa, not CR001)

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:27 pm

you mean

Settlement visa 5 years then 1 yr ILR and then BC ?

or Settlement visa 5 years then directly BC ?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:29 pm

rizzu155 wrote:you mean

Settlement visa 5 years then 1 yr ILR and then BC ?

or Settlement visa 5 years then directly BC ? This one
(Casa, not CR001)

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Hi,

I am also in same situation .. I am planing to apply settlement visa for my wife and son from india..
I have a query regarding the documents .. what documents we need to submit in VFS office and what documents we need to send it to Sheffield (if any)

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:11 pm

ranji82 wrote:Hi,

I am also in same situation .. I am planing to apply settlement visa for my wife and son from india..
I have a query regarding the documents .. what documents we need to submit in VFS office and what documents we need to send it to Sheffield (if any)

Thanks in advance
To be fair to the OP and to avoid confusion, instead of tagging onto their thread please open your own topic with this.
(Casa, not CR001)

ranji82
United Kingdom

Post by ranji82 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:17 am

Casa wrote:
ranji82 wrote:Hi,

Thanks in advance
To be fair to the OP by tagging onto their thread and to avoid confusion, please open your own topic with this.
Sorry for an confusion .. i thought its relevent and useful going ahead.. open new thread as suggested.

Thanks.