ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Foreign Births Registration - Need to move while waiting

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

docha
Newly Registered

Foreign Births Registration - Need to move while waiting

Post by docha » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:48 pm

I applied for my for FBR this past December and confirmed it was received mid month.
Unfortunately due to unexpected circumstances related to work I must move from the UK next month.
Given what I have read online I do not believe I will receive my FBR package before this time (4-4.5 months since they received my application).

Can anyone advise on what I should do in this case? Has anyone had a similar circumstance and if so, how did you handle it? Can I contact the consulate and arrange for have the FBR (and my documents), once approved, sent to my address in another country?

Unfortunately I am renting at my current location in London and have no family that could receive it once I move. Appreciate any advice. Thank you.

abundantbee
Newly Registered

Re: Foreign Births Registration - Need to move while waiting

Post by abundantbee » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:24 pm

It's exactly 7 months today that my husband's FBR application was received and we've had nothing yet, so you're going unlikely to get it back in time. I don't know if the embassy will allow you to change your address. Is a mail redirect set up with Royal Mail a possibility for you?

docha
Newly Registered

Post by docha » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:54 pm

7 months? That is not very encouraging. If I may ask, where did apply from? In my case, I am in London and sent it to Ireland. I have read about others getting their FBR's in 4-6 months so I thought there might be a chance.

I enclosed a pre-paid envelope to have the FBR and my documents sent back to me. If I am leaving the country and want it sent to me at the new address the amount for postage and address will change. I would need to send them another prepaid envelope to have it rerouted (if they will even allow that).

Wavey

Post by Wavey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:27 pm

Out of interest why did you not send it to the Embassy in London? That's where I sent mine in Aug 2016 but apologies if it changed since then. Mine took 4 months

Send them an email they should be able to log it under your ref you should've got when applying. Failing that. If you're staying in the UK maybe set up a mail re-route with Royal Mail?

docha
Newly Registered

Post by docha » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:10 am

Wavey wrote:Out of interest why did you not send it to the Embassy in London? That's where I sent mine in Aug 2016 but apologies if it changed since then. Mine took 4 months

Thank you for your reply. My mistake, looking back at the photo I took of the package before sending it I can confirm it was sent to the Embassy of Ireland in London and not directly to Ireland itself.
Wavey wrote: Send them an email they should be able to log it under your ref you should've got when applying. Failing that. If you're staying in the UK maybe set up a mail re-route with Royal Mail?
I will drop them a mail but I fear my application may get cancelled as a result. I am not sure I can set up a re-route for this as I have pre-paid for the shipping to my current address but I will be moving out of the country entirely so the fee would increase.