ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amss
Newly Registered

Divorce

Post by Amss » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:51 pm

I have been living in uk with my german husband on eea family permit since last 2 months..we have applied for my residence card 2 weeks ago, now we are getting divorce...please guide me about the further procedure, i know i cant stay here in uk as its only been 2 months since i am here and i have to go back to my non eu country..but what about my passport? How long will it take to receive it back?

atriponel
Newly Registered

Re: Divorce

Post by atriponel » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:04 pm

I'm sorry to hear that...

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

here's an online form for requesting docs/withdrawing your application, just follow the steps.

It says they aim to return your documents within 10 working days but received my passport back in 5!

Amss
Newly Registered

Post by Amss » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:21 pm

Thanks alot...can anyone guide me if theres any way that i can stay in uk after divorce in my case?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Amss wrote:Thanks alot...can anyone guide me if theres any way that i can stay in uk after divorce in my case?

I doubt if there's any way on this EEA route as the law says you have to be in the UK as Married couple for at least 12months, Although the Gurus might have some insight. Good luck