ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Some interesting stats on timelines

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Some interesting stats on timelines

Post by chels » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Hi All,

I had a bit of time on my hands today so decided to collect some data on the Citizenship Application Timelines for 2017 based on the information users have provided in their posts on the timelines forum up to today (13/04/2017). I have an application in myself and I was just curious to see the average times across stages so I compiled a data sheet.

Here's some points you may find interesting:
  • Of the 35 applicants who have provided timelines in the forum up to today, 60% have received approvals, ~20% are in second or advanced stage, and the remaining 20% are in the initial stage
  • Taking data from 20 applications that have received approval in 2017, the average time from submitting the application to approval was 212.65 days (roughly 7 months).
  • The shortest time span was 161 days (roughly 5.3 months) and the longest was 389 days (almost 13 months).There are possibly some patterns based on application type but I didn't dig that far into the data yet.
  • The time between applications being received and acknowledged by INIS and passports being sent back is averaging 12.5 days for applications submitted so far in 2017 (n=4) compared to an average of 30 days in 2016 (n=29)
  • The average time of the initial to second stage (n=27) came out at 93 days and from second / advanced stage to receiving approval was an average of 91 days
There's a few more things that could probably be extrapolated from the data I collected but that's all I've got for now. Its not an exact science by any stretch of the imagination and a lot of assumptions were made but I thought it was interesting nonetheless and I figured the rest of you would too.

:)

iCloud
- thin ice -

Re: Some interesting stats on timelines

Post by iCloud » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi All,

Just want to add few other interesting statistics:

2 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2007
2 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2009
1 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2010
5 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2011
8 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2012
29Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2013
55 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2014
199 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2015
2840 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2016
3 Application approved for this ceremony, originally submitted in 2017

Total application approved for 21/04/2017 ceremony: 3,144

As you all probably know, the last 2 digit on the citizenship application reference number is the year when the application was originally lodge, e.g. 1234567-CITZ-11, here 11 is the year 2011 when the application was submitted.

3 applicant was very lucky, I believe they lodged their application at the beginning of 2017 and got approval in the end of March 2017.

Above all data was collected from three PDF files INIS uploaded on their website.

Thanks,
iCloud

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Some interesting stats on timelines

Post by chels » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

That's fascinating iCloud thank you for sharing!

I only wish INIS published the same timeline breakdowns per case as users do on this forum! That data set would be so interesting to analyse. But alas they'd never release those kind of figures!

Still it would be nice to know whether the averages I extrapolated from the forum for twenty 2016 approved applicants (or 0.7% of the 2840 total) are indicative of the general trend or not :)

Again thanks for sharing! :)