ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extension approved with goodwill

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

imi1985
Newly Registered

Extension approved with goodwill

Post by imi1985 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:59 am

Hi guys. i am writing to share our experience of tier 1 ent extension visa application which has been approved and the decision came in yesterday. me and my friend applied last year in april 2016 for extension. our main concern was that we invested our money in december 2016 in the form of share capital and all that money was spent to buy another business. there was a goodwill in our accounts and we only came to know about goodwill after we had invested and spent the money plus by the time we knew that goodwill is disallowed we already had sent our application to home office. we were interviewed back in august and were asked about investment of money and where did we spent it. we were honest about our answers during the interview. we were pretty much sure that our applications would be refused. however time passed and i qualified for ilr on long residence basis. i switched to ilr as our application decision was still pending and my ilr application was approved. now after that we were worried about my friends tier ent pending application because we were un sure if our team for entrepreneur visa was still intact as i already had switched to ilr before the decision but to be on safe side i even sent a attested declaration to home office that i would remain part of the team. by the grace of god my friend received his decision yesterday in the post and his application has been approved.

one important thing i would like to mention here is that when we sent our application to home office we only mentioned money invested in the form of share capital. we did not mention anything about buying another business or goodwill.however when asked during the interview we were honest and gave all the details.

Dhavalkuhadiya

Re: Extension approved with goodwill

Post by Dhavalkuhadiya » Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:21 am

Hi ,

Thanks for spreading positivity, very good .
I got some questions if you can help , when you said you were honest answers, what exactly did you say , if you don't mind sharing , and could you share what sort of business you are doing , just to have idea .

Thanks in advance

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:50 pm

Congratulations to you​ and your friend!
You applied in April 2016 and in December 2016, you invested in shares?
Did you mean to say December 2015?

imi1985
Newly Registered

Post by imi1985 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:25 pm

sorry yes it was in december 2015

imi1985
Newly Registered

Post by imi1985 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:29 pm

our business was the provision of business consultancy services.

by honesty i mean when didnt try to hid the nature of those transactions though we knew it might go against us. i think the key was though we did make a mistake but we kept quite about it when applying. we decided we would only provide evidence if its brought up.

Dhavalkuhadiya

Post by Dhavalkuhadiya » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Thanks for reply

vasann

Post by vasann » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:22 pm

Congrats @ imi1985.
Gud luck for your future.

Our(Team application) extension end of this month.we have invested funds by the way of share capital.
Could you please list what documents have you provided in regards to the share capital investment ?

Thanks in advance.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:48 am

Despite claims made regarding the case above, applicants need to understand that currently the immigration rules part 6A paragraph (245D)(c)(ii) still maintains that money spent on business purchasing 'goodwill' is excluded from what is accepted as invested or spent for the award of points.
(2)buying the business from a previous owner, where the money ultimately goes to that previous owner (irrespective of whether it is received or held directly or indirectly by that previous owner) rather than into the business being purchased (This applies regardless of whether the money is channelled through the business en route to the previous owner, for example by means of the applicant or business purchasing ‘goodwill’ or other assets which were previously part of the business.),
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

imi1985
Newly Registered

Post by imi1985 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 am

@ Zimba I am not claiming in anyway that what I did is right. I know that goodwill is not allowed. what I am trying to convey is that do not provide excessive information. only provide what is required. home office requirement was share capital investment proof, which we did provide. there was no requirement about how did we end up spending that money so we kept quiet about it and did not provide any information.

our success was mainly due to the fact that we kept it simple.

also keep hope even if you have made a mistake. just keep it simple but be truthful in your application even if it would go against you, you never know the case worker might show oversee your mistake, because at the end of the day its the case worker who decides the outcome.

Aliraza12

Post by Aliraza12 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:49 am

Hi imie
Did HO ASK you to provide extra documents after interview?
Thanks

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:36 am

Hi Imi,

congrats to you and your team...

can I just ask you when u switched to ILR (10yrs)..what is your time line ?

anyways, with switching u wud hv saved the £1,300 as well...and all went well HAPPY days..

ta

raven2000
Newly Registered

Post by raven2000 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Can you share the details of your ILR application. When did you switch to ILR and how long it took? Also what documents you used for your ILR application? Lastly, did you make a window application for ILR switch?

Thanks.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

The questions regarding ILR and long residence are NOT relevant here and are not specifically related to Tier 1E :!:
Instead go and read the Guidance - Long residence
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

imi1985
Newly Registered

Post by imi1985 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 pm

I went for window application and my application was approved on the same day. it only took 90 mins. everything went smooth no questions asked as they already had all my documents. I even got a refund for out of hours appointment which was £63. I got a refund for tier 1 ent ext application after a month.

raven2000
Newly Registered

Post by raven2000 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:38 pm

imi1985 wrote:I went for window application and my application was approved on the same day. it only took 90 mins. everything went smooth no questions asked as they already had all my documents. I even got a refund for out of hours appointment which was £63. I got a refund for tier 1 ent ext application after a month.
Can you please state how did you vary your application from Tier 1 to ILR? And how did you book the window appointment?

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Congratulations!! Good sharing, thanks a lot.