ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Family Permit while EEA (EFM) RC is processing

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lorenr
Newly Registered

CoA without work help

Post by lorenr » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been posted already but I did search and couldn't find anything that specifically answered my questions.

I am in the process of applying for an EEA Extended Family Member RC as an unmarried partner (fiancé is an EU qualified person, no PR). I am currently on a Youth Mobility visa that expires in July this year.

I received my biometrics and CoA today. My CoA is without work.

Two questions:
1. They say that I haven't provided original documentation to prove our relationship as so can't confirm my right to work. I have; tenancy agreements, bills in both names, joint bank statements, plus supporting documents like boarding passes, photos and congrats on our engagement. Is this a standard line they put in because we're unmarried? Or is there a problem with the documents?

2. Am I assumed to have a right to work whilst my application is underway? I understand that if I get declined I am no permitted to work (after my current visa expires in July) but I'm unlikely to get a decision before then so I'm thinking of the period between current visa and hopefully new visa. My understanding is that the certificate merely confirms your right to work should anyone ask. If no one asks, does it matter legally?

Thanks all and please direct me to any threads that already cover this.

vinny

Re: CoA without work help

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Have you been living with your fiancé, akin to marriage, for at least two years?

AB & Anor v Home Office [2012] EWHC 226 (QB) (16 February 2012) explains an unmarried partner's rights.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

lorenr
Newly Registered

Post by lorenr » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:00 am

Yes we have, we've been living together for 5 years and together 7. We have provided several tenancy agreements in our names, as well as bills dating back 5 years in both our names.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:26 am

Unfortunately, you didn't previously have an EEA family permit nor a residence card.
Processes and procedures for EEA documentation applications wrote:Certificates of application: extended family members

This page tells you about certificates of application (COAs) regarding extended family members of a European Economic Area (EEA) national under the 2016 regulations.

Extended family members, including durable partners, of EEA nationals do not enjoy an automatic right of residence in the UK until they have been issued with a document by the Home Office confirming such a right.

You must issue a ‘short’ COA to extended family members who have submitted an application for a residence card regardless of the level of evidence submitted with their application.

Applicants who fail to enrol their biometric information will not have made a valid application and will have no entitlement to be issued with a COA. For further information see: Certificates of application and biometric information
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

lorenr
Newly Registered

Post by lorenr » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:17 am

Ah ok - thanks, that makes sense. So might I be issued with a new CoA once I've done my biometrics? Or would I have to apply for a new CoA in order to be issued with a new one.

Appreciate the help!!

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 pm

I think you have to wait until they grant a residence card or an EEA family permit, before you have the right to work under the EEA regulations.

lorenr
Newly Registered

Applying for Family Permit- EEA2(EFM) application processing

Post by lorenr » Thu May 04, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa - expires July 2017.

I have an EEA2 (EFM) application underway, I'm 2 months in (decision by end of September). I'm the fiance of a QP (all relevant documentation of our 7 year relationship provided). I have a CoA without work. This leaves me with a difficult situation work-wise between mid July and September (assuming I get approved).

Also, we love to travel and going without any travel in Summer would be less than ideal (should my visa expire and I stay put in the UK).

My question is, can I whip out of the country, stay with friends and apply for an EEA family permit to cover my gap before I get my RC? Would I need to amend/re-lodge my EEA application?

Thanks in advance all!

lorenr
Newly Registered

Applying for Family Permit while EEA (EFM) RC is processing

Post by lorenr » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa - expires July 2017.

I have an EEA2 (EFM) application underway, I'm 3 months in (decision by end of September). I'm the fiance of a QP (all relevant documentation of our 7 year relationship provided). I have a CoA without work. This leaves me with a difficult situation work-wise between mid July and September (assuming I get approved).

My question is, can I whip out of the country, stay with friends and apply for an EEA family permit to cover my gap before I get my RC? Would I need to amend/re-lodge my EEA application?

Thanks in advance all!