ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA EFM aplication as a Croatian National

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NikitaKnez
Newly Registered

EEA EFM aplication as a Croatian National

Post by NikitaKnez » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:58 am

Good evening,

Apologies if this query may have been answered previously.

I believe each situation is unique and certain rules may or may not apply to each circumstance. 

I have dual citizenship from both South Africa and Croatia. I hold passports for both but obviously neither of these allow we to work in the UK.  I entered the UK on my Croatian passport without a visa. I entered the UK in February 2017 with my boyfriend of 4 years. He holds a Nerdelande and South African Passport.

Our entire relationship was based in South Africa. We have some evidence, but not 6 documents each, of living together for a period of 3 years. We were both studying so were not required to pay any bills whilst we stayed with my parents. We have a large amount of photographs with family, friends and of holidays spent together. Additionally we have holiday bookings, emails, cards and social media evidence of our relationship being one of a "durable" nature. Now that we live in the UK together we are responsible for bills so I am able to provide evidence of this.

My boyfriend is currently working in the UK. Holding the passports I do, I am not able to work in the UK. I would like to work as well as its not financially possible for me to live here without working.  I have my honours degree in Brand Strategy (this is not identified as a special skill in the UK) and I am fluent in English.

My question is, what would my chances of being able to work in the UK if applied using the EEA EFM form based on my circumstances? Is it better to apply as a Croatian national or South African national? - although I believe I would have to submit both passports? And lastly, do I only have the right to be in the UK for 3 months from date of arrival? If yes, how would I leave if I were to submit my passports with my application?

If anyone has any advice or had a similar experience I would appreciate the feedback.

Kind Regards
Nikita

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA EFM aplication as a Croatian National

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:39 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NikitaKnez
Newly Registered

Post by NikitaKnez » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:49 pm

Hi there,

Are you immplying I should apply for a blue or yellow certificate rather than using the eea efm form as the unmarried partner to my boyfriend who has settled in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:38 am

If you do not have rock solid evidence from various sources covering 24 months of living together, an application as a durable partner will fail and you will have no right of appeal.

Many Croatians in the UK working.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

NikitaKnez
Newly Registered

Post by NikitaKnez » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:46 pm

Thank you for your response.

I have an invoice from a company that moved him from his previous address to my address, a golf membership and his university transcript with his address being the same as mine. Would this be sufficient? Additionally would you recomend I apply using the EEA EFM form or the CR form specifically for Croatians?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:39 pm

No that wouldn't be sufficient. HO want to see evidence if joint commitments for 2 years "in a relationship akin to marriage", so tenancy agreements, bank statements, joint utility accounts etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

NikitaKnez
Newly Registered

Post by NikitaKnez » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi there,

Would you then suggest going the self employed route?
If yes, would you advise getting assitance in opening a business or would you say this is a fairly incomplex process?
I have read on other queries obtaing a HRCM and or NI number can be very complex.

Are you able to give information regarding this route?

Nikita