ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Genral to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ofn2002
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Genral to ILR

Post by ofn2002 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:01 pm

Dear All,

I have some questions for Tier 1 G to ILR route and would like to consult you for ideas.

1. On the SET (O) form for the five year box, do I just put in the latest five-year absence record ie. five years history from now backwards? Or all the records from the first time I entered UK with Tier 1 G visa till now? I have two extensions and there is a break of over 180 days before my first extension, so my 5 year period will restart to count from my first extension. Do I need to put the records beyond the five years?

Apr 2010- T1G visa first grant, overseas earnings used
May 2010 - first came to UK and left after 3 weeks
Apr 2012 - back to UK for one week and then left
May 2012 - back to UK and stay till now,
overseas earnings were used for first extension
UK earnings were used for second extension and will be used for ILR

Can I count the five year from Apr 2012 or May 2012? Will there be an issue for the first two year absence from UK as that absence year will not be counted towards the five year stay in UK.

2. I used overseas earnings to claim points for my visa first granted and first extension as I was working overseas (No UK experience points granted) and UK earnings for second extension and ILR. So there is no tax record at HMRC for for my first application and first extension. Will there be any issue?

I do not have any tax amendments or issues on tax. Anything I need to double check and be aware of on this before submissions?

3. On the fourth year, I was not working for about 6 months and hence no earings, so the relevant tax record of that year is lower than other four years. Is there any issue on it? Or I need to explain why the tax record is lower than other years due to unemployment?

4. If I apply for Premium service, how early ahead can I book?

5 I am on limited company now. there are some short pieces of earnings with PAYE/umbrella as employer only offers PAYE/Umbrella for those work, The rest of employers only offer LTD option.
During the five year in the UK, I made some overseas trips, no more than 90 days each year. It says people working on LTD should write a letter as a Director to explain the absence. As those trips are not for work and just for family visit and holidays, any format to declare this?

6. If the earnings period stat from June 2016- May 2017, and worked conducted in May 2016 with salary paid in June 2016, can I claim that part of salary as earnings? Do they count it by the time of payment received in bank account as most salary is paid one moth after work is conducted ( just like people get paid end of month? Or they require the time where work should be conducted as well?)

Many thanks for your input and ideas!