ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Approval Letter Received Late

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atrang

Citizenship Approval Letter Received Late

Post by atrang » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi there masters and fellow members,

I have a query related to timeline of the approval letter and ceremony and I hope you all will advise me properly on this.
I had applied for Citizenship under JCAP scheme through NCS in January and just received the approval letter on the Easter weekend. However, the letter is dated 17th March 2017 and says to contact the local authority within 21 days of the letter. But since I have received the letter so late and the 21 days are already over from the date of the letter, will it have any impact on the process or the ceremony?
I am anyways going to call the local authority and check, but since I have to wait until the holidays are over on Tuesday 18th April, I thought I might ask you all if anyone has faced a similar issue.

Any information will be helpful, so please advise.

Thanking you in anticipation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Citizenship Approval Letter Received Late

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:36 pm

Just cal the council on Tuesday, it should be ok if you explain.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Marica123
Newly Registered

Re: Citizenship Approval Letter Received Late

Post by Marica123 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:58 pm

How can a letter take so long to arrive? Especially when you only have 21 days to book the ceremony!! Did you apply at the begining or the end of january?
Congratulations and hope you get it sorted.