ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of right to work during citizenship application proces

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Proof of right to work during citizenship application pr

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm

I need Biometric register (NTL) first if I want to apply through NCS. So you are right after all.
No you don't need NTL first. You can apply, as many have, by submitting both passports at NCS for them to copy.

HO call centre is well known for providing incorrect advice and take no responsibility for it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

bearcat
Newly Registered

Post by bearcat » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:05 am

CR001 wrote:
I need Biometric register (NTL) first if I want to apply through NCS. So you are right after all.
No you don't need NTL first. You can apply, as many have, by submitting both passports at NCS for them to copy.

HO call centre is well known for providing incorrect advice and take no responsibility for it.
Thank you guys!!!

bearcat
Newly Registered

Post by bearcat » Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:24 pm

Hello again, I am posting in the hope that someone is still seeing this conversation.
I did biometric enrolment at the post office last Tuesday (13th June) but does anyone know how long (in average or roughly) the actual BRP card take to be delivered to the applicant? I need the proof of my right to work in the UK desperately as I am applying for a job. If BRP card takes long, are there any other way of proving my right? I have ILR on my old passport and I don't have one on my current passport, and that caused my previous job offer cancelled.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:20 pm

You won't get a BRP card as part of the naturalisation application - this is not immigration law.
The next documents will be your certificate of naturalisation and passport. Can't comment on the RTW aspect.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:49 pm

Chinho2k wrote:... after which it will offer the option to accept proof of a pending application, more like benefit of doubt really.
No, this is not benefit of doubt. You have done everything you can to protect your status, and your employer has done everything they can to check it (which they have to). Obviously, the result of the application is not known yet, but in the mean time you do have the right to work. And because it is a right, nobody can take it away from you.

bearcat
Newly Registered

Post by bearcat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:02 am

Basically what I need is a proof of right to work in the UK during the waiting period for citizenship approval. (and I thought BRP would help - I know it is not a part of naturalisation process, but as I have done my enrolment I am thinking I would get a card in due course and this will help in the meantime.) Having seen a lot of information from the Government website, there's nothing I can use as a proof after all. I will ask HO to issue a letter but I suspect they won't do that or it won't be soon anyway.

bearcat
Newly Registered

Post by bearcat » Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:20 pm

alterhase58 wrote:You won't get a BRP card as part of the naturalisation application - this is not immigration law.
The next documents will be your certificate of naturalisation and passport. Can't comment on the RTW aspect.
Oh, ok, I see what you mean... this means that I cannot work then until I get citizenship (apart from self-employment)!! :( :( :(