ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

short term visit visa from pakistan to uk for my sister

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Aleena minhas
Newly Registered

short term visit visa from pakistan to uk for my sister

Post by Aleena minhas » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:34 am

i want to call my sister over to uk on visit visa. i am born in Pakistan but married to British citizen here. i have been here for 5 years and have got my british passport. I am a full time student and husband is a taxi driver. Want to go through ivf in june and just want a family member here for emotional and physical help. My sister is a teacher in pakistan. we do not own any home there i.e no property on her or my parents name. so i was told i should have money in my account to show i can afford her visit. i will have around £2500-3000 in my account by the time we apply for her visa and she will have around £1000 in her bank. . Can someone please guide me
1- Do i need my husbands accounts from taxi as well or can i sponsor myself only?
2- I used to work before starting studies in sep so shud i provide my p60 of last year?
3- We rent a three bedroom house so i have got a letter from owner of the house that he hasnt got a problem with guest coming over for visit?
4- What documents do my sister need provide and what documents do i need to provide?
5- What things can i provide to convince the embassy that i really want my sister to come over?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: short term visit visa from pakistan to uk for my sister

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:18 am

Hello There,

Sponsoring your sister while studying is not a good idea, I would suggest to sponsor together with your husband and show documents from his accountant and his bank statements + yours . Accountant would know what documents he needs to submit to prove his income

Also i am not sure if its a good idea to say you need your sister to visit UK to support you while you are having an IVF in UK. this may not work but wait for seniors to comment

Your previous P60's would help however wouldnt be of too much use as you are currently not working. But in addition to your husband you can claim you are happy to spend your savings on your sister during her visa

Letter from landlord is not a problem- but make sure the letter is dated no more than 28 days before the date of the application in Pakistan. Also submit tenancy agreement copy which has to be on your name ( with your husband )

is she single? Its hard if she is single however no one can confirm the outcome of the visa application and I cant give professional advise as i am not a immigration adviser. I'm sharing what I know based on my personal understanding

If she is married, a letter from her husband stating that his wife is going to UK on holiday and will come back to him and his kids ( if any ) after the holiday. If he is working he could submit his documents to further add supporting evidence to prove his wife will be a genuine traveller and will come back to Pakistan after her UK holiday as she has strong family ties in Pakistan.

She is a teacher, so she needs to submit letter from her employer confirming her employment and that they are happy for her to go on holiday and they she will resume work after her UK holiday, her last 6 months payslips, her last 6 months bank statements, etc. These documents will support her application to be a genuine visitor and she she will go back to Pakistan

Also show evidence of your other family members in Pakistan ( like parents etc) and do not deposit any large sums of money on your account or your sisters account just for visa reasons. whatever funds you deposit you should be able to back it up with evidence of where and why you received the funds.

There is a lot more you need but i have answered your 5 queries in details. I would suggest you to go over the guidance document and dig in to this forum for more details

Good Luck

Blue2017
Newly Registered

Post by Blue2017 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:01 pm

Did she get a visa at the end?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:24 pm

[quote="Blue2017"]Did she get a visa at the end?[/quote]

It was just 7 days ago she asked this query. I dont think she would have even applied

Aleena minhas
Newly Registered

Post by Aleena minhas » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:57 pm

ITGraduate wrote:Hello There,

Sponsoring your sister while studying is not a good idea, I would suggest to sponsor together with your husband and show documents from his accountant and his bank statements + yours . Accountant would know what documents he needs to submit to prove his income

Also i am not sure if its a good idea to say you need your sister to visit UK to support you while you are having an IVF in UK. this may not work but wait for seniors to comment

Your previous P60's would help however wouldnt be of too much use as you are currently not working. But in addition to your husband you can claim you are happy to spend your savings on your sister during her visa

Letter from landlord is not a problem- but make sure the letter is dated no more than 28 days before the date of the application in Pakistan. Also submit tenancy agreement copy which has to be on your name ( with your husband )

is she single? Its hard if she is single however no one can confirm the outcome of the visa application and I cant give professional advise as i am not a immigration adviser. I'm sharing what I know based on my personal understanding

If she is married, a letter from her husband stating that his wife is going to UK on holiday and will come back to him and his kids ( if any ) after the holiday. If he is working he could submit his documents to further add supporting evidence to prove his wife will be a genuine traveller and will come back to Pakistan after her UK holiday as she has strong family ties in Pakistan.

She is a teacher, so she needs to submit letter from her employer confirming her employment and that they are happy for her to go on holiday and they she will resume work after her UK holiday, her last 6 months payslips, her last 6 months bank statements, etc. These documents will support her application to be a genuine visitor and she she will go back to Pakistan

Also show evidence of your other family members in Pakistan ( like parents etc) and do not deposit any large sums of money on your account or your sisters account just for visa reasons. whatever funds you deposit you should be able to back it up with evidence of where and why you received the funds.

There is a lot more you need but i have answered your 5 queries in details. I would suggest you to go over the guidance document and dig in to this forum for more details

Good Luck

Thankyou soo much. As u can tell i still havent applied as i want to get everything write before applying. So yeah we have spoken to the accountant and he is going to make the accounts for us . And i have arranged some more money as i had a accident claim and got the money for that and it does say how it got it . So do i put a letter with the form explaining how i got the money.do i send all the documents in pakistan and she apply there with all the documents. Yes she is single so i can see where u r coming from and why it would be a problem. We have got letters from her employers abt holidays and that she would be returning to work. As u explained i need alot more than that can you please guide me on it as its the first time we are calling someone over and dont want to spend loads on solicitors fees. What would u recommend

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Post by Route to ILR » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 pm

Aleena minhas wrote:
ITGraduate wrote:Hello There,

Good Luck

Thankyou soo much. As u can tell i still havent applied as i want to get everything write before applying. So yeah we have spoken to the accountant and he is going to make the accounts for us . And i have arranged some more money as i had a accident claim and got the money for that and it does say how it got it . So do i put a letter with the form explaining how i got the money.do i send all the documents in pakistan and she apply there with all the documents. Yes she is single so i can see where u r coming from and why it would be a problem. We have got letters from her employers abt holidays and that she would be returning to work. As u explained i need alot more than that can you please guide me on it as its the first time we are calling someone over and dont want to spend loads on solicitors fees. What would u recommend
She needs Nadra family tree to establish how many siblings live in same household. Bills on her name can help also. Family pictures can help.

But chances r slim even after providing all the above evidences because she is single and working age. In the past years people abused visit visa route in that extent now they r not believing on anyone.

Solicitors won't help u either to get visit visa. It's all depends on your strong documentation and luck (they only like to give visit visas to millionaires) who come here and spend a lot of money on shopping spree.

Blue2017
Newly Registered

Post by Blue2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:58 am

It is very difficult to get a visitors visa as i do not see evidence for your sister that she will be going back to her home country after travelling to UK.