ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Queries re. English language requirement for AN application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aztec1032

Queries re. English language requirement for AN application

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:23 pm

Dear users/moderators,

I have some questions re. English language requirement for AN application for me and my wife:

Firstly, My wife was initially granted entry clearance as a Tier 1(G) dependant in August 2011 and she joined me in the UK in December same year. Following my ILR(LR) in Jan 2014, we switched her visa to FLR(M) under the transitional arrangement which allowed us to have her ILR granted on SET(M) under Part 8 of the immigration rules Paragraph 287(a)(i)(d) in April 2015. During her ILR application we provided her IELTS cerftificate as proof of English requirement(of course she has LIUK pass certificate). In the last two years she has also completed her Degree from a reputed British University.

Now my question is what do we need to provide as proof of English language requirement for AN application? Would IELTS used in ILR application be accepted or her degree certificate itself should
suffice the requirement or she needs to do a new test?

Secondly, I have always used my UK degree certificate for all visa applications (PSW,Tier 1, ILR) I suppose the same should be sufficient to fulfil the English language requirement for my AN application?

Your valuable insight into these queries will be highly appreciated. Regards
A

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Queries re. English language requirement for AN applicat

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:25 pm

Yes, both UK degree certificates will be sufficient (with LIUK)
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aztec1032

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:45 pm

Thank you very much Casa for such a prompt reply. Just to confirm we will submit both our LIUK test and UK degree certificates to fulfil 'Knowldge of language/life in the UK' requirements of the application. Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:52 pm

aztec1032 wrote:Thank you very much Casa for such a prompt reply. Just to confirm we will submit both our LIUK test and UK degree certificates to fulfil 'Knowldge of language/life in the UK' requirements of the application. Thanks
Correct.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aztec1032

Re: Queries re. English language requirement for AN application

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:32 am

Hi All,

Sorry to bother you again. Just going through the AN guide and application form, I have a question on which boxes to tick given we both have Degree from UK university and taught in the UK:

1. Do we tick both: I have an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC ........ and ii) the qualification was taught or researched in the UK.....

This seems pretty obvious but the UK NARIC bit confuses me.

2. We have our original transcripts and certificates. Do we need a letter from university as suggested in AN guidance?

Appreciate a prompt reply as our appointment is on Wednesday this week?

Regards
Aztec

aztec1032

Re: Queries re. English language requirement for AN application

Post by aztec1032 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Would someone be kind enough to respond to my query?

Thanks