ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bilal_1984
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - Pakistan

Post by Bilal_1984 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:58 pm

Hello

I have completed an online application for my wife and also booked and paid for her biometrics appointment on Wednesday 19th

1) Does she need to take any other documents to the appointment, other than the application, her passport and ID Card (I have all the remaining documentation e.g TB Test/A1 Test financial forms etc in UK to send to Sheffield)

2) Question 3 on the application asks for Family Details as detailed below, the application has my wifes details, should these be mine or her details? My details are on the application under sponsor, If incorrect,can this be amended?

SPOUSE / PARTNER
43 WHAT IS YOUR MARITAL STATUS? MARRIED / CIVIL PARTNER
44 WILL YOUR SPOUSE/PARTNER BE TRAVELLING WITH
YOU?
NO
45 CURRENT PASSPORT OR TRAVEL DOCUMENT NUMBER
46 NATIONALITY
47 FAMILY NAME / SURNAME
(IF YOU ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT HERE
AND IN THE GIVEN NAME BOX)

48 GIVEN NAME(S) / FORENAME(S)
(IF THEY ONLY HAVE ONE NAME, PLEASE ENTER IT
HERE AND IN THE FAMILY NAME BOX)

49 DATE OF BIRTH
50 DOES YOUR SPOUSE / PARTNER CURRENTLY LIVE WITH
YOU?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa - Pakistan

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Although not yet experienced the whirlpool of spouse visa process but based on what members said that applicant need to bring passport, application form, fee confirmation etc to biometrics centre.
And regarding form then whoever needs the visa it's his/her details mainly but few questions relates to sponsor as well. But I believe that sponsor can fill on behalf of applicant.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Bilal_1984
Newly Registered

Post by Bilal_1984 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:18 pm

Hi Seagul
Thank You for your response
But my post may have been misunderstood

The application has been submitted (I have filled it on her behalf),but there is a mistake in 1 section where i have put here details and i believe they may need to be mine. As my wifes appointment for the biometrics is on wednesday i am unable to amend the application onlineand wondering how this should be done

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Section 1 is presumably the 'applicant's details' which would be your wife if she is the one applying.

immigration-for-family-members/update-o ... 93554.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bilal_1984
Newly Registered

Post by Bilal_1984 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:33 pm

CR001 wrote:Section 1 is presumably the 'applicant's details' which would be your wife if she is the one applying.

immigration-for-family-members/update-o ... 93554.html
Would a cover letter indicating the corrections required suffice? Or can Corrections be made on the printed form? I have read elsewhere this can be done and initialled by the applicant?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:38 pm

Few members got success with the correction of initial minor error in the from through cover letter/writing correct detail in form addition information section. But not sure whether it works for you.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:32 pm

If you put her details in Section 1 and she is the applicant, then what exactly is the error???
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Bilal_1984
Newly Registered

Post by Bilal_1984 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:51 pm

This is under section 3
I have attachedthe relevant section
I have filledwith wifes details
But as spouse should they be mine?
If incorrect,can amendment be made via supporting letter?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Your as sponsor details should starts from section 7 but section 1 is for applicant. It can cause major trouble in later stages so should be fixed earlierly. If you can't correct it online then I think you can write covering letter plus indicate same on form at additional information space plus during biometrics ask the staff there too. Maybe it works.