ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse naturalisation application:not in UK before 3 years

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Spouse naturalisation application:not in UK before 3 years

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:02 am

I have a question regarding a special scenario for spouse naturalisation, the spouse is eligible for naturalisation on her own (5 years) in beginning September. If husband gets citizenship certificate before September say in August, she will be eligible for 3 year rule as BC spouse but the issue is she was not present in the UK 3 years before throughout August and September (was on holidays). I want to ask whether spouse applying on her own based on 5 year rule in September will make any difference in application processing compared to case where she applies under 3 year rule as home office might not understand why she has applied under 5 year rule despite being BC spouse?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse naturalisation application:not in UK before 3 yea

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:08 am

Why not just apply in October when she was in the UK 3 years ago :?: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks,
That will delay the application submission by one month and subsequently other steps. There is another three days in mid-October where she was away from UK that means need of more cleverness in booking appointment at right date in October (not sure home office calculation is always accurate).
Is there an issue in case spouse applies on her own despite her husband naturalized?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:23 am

If you apply through NCS, the date of application is the date of the NCS appointment.

She can apply based on 5 years, but HO might process it as spouse of BC if you are BC, with 3 years residence.

Is a couple of weeks delay really such a big issue considering the fee you risk losing if you or HO get it wrong?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:26 pm

Yes this is exactly my concern. But NCS has the form that clearly marks the application whether it is AN 6(1) [5 years own residence] or AN 6 (2) [3 years based on marriage to BC]. I was thinking once one gets confirmation that it is AN 6(1), the application should be processed as such?
CR001 wrote:If you apply through NCS, the date of application is the date of the NCS appointment.

She can apply based on 5 years, but HO might process it as spouse of BC if you are BC, with 3 years residence.

Is a couple of weeks delay really such a big issue considering the fee you risk losing if you or HO get it wrong?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:13 pm

NCS is ONLY an third party agent for HO and a 'paperwork checker'. Many have applied under 6(1) and been processed by HO under 6(2).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 am

CR001 wrote:NCS is ONLY an third party agent for HO and a 'paperwork checker'. Many have applied under 6(1) and been processed by HO under 6(2).
Thanks CR001,

If spouse applies in October this year when was physically in UK 3 years or 5 years ago with satisfying both route requirements, is it better to apply via Section 6 (1) or Section 6(2) on application? (although 6(1) can still be processed as 6(2) as you mentioned)?

Thanks again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:43 pm

It really makes no difference under which section she applies, the end result is the same, there is no benefit or quicker decision if she applies 6(2) for example.
Char (CR001 not Casa)