ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long term Visa for Parents (non EU)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

yaakovnewman
Germany

Long term Visa for Parents (non EU)

Post by yaakovnewman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Hi Everyone
I need some information regarding my parents long term visit visa or permanent visa from non EU country(Pakistan). They both are over 60 and financially dependent on me. I am a British Citizen working in Germany for last 2.5 years as freelancer and paying my taxes and since Jan17 I got the permanent postion in Essen NRW. Is there any clause in EU directives which can help me to call them here in and they can live with me permanently?

Thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Long term Visa for Parents (non EU)

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Do you mean a visit visa for Germany or the UK :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Hi Casa
For Germany mate, my wife just got new aufenthalskarte till april 2020 after that she will eligiable to apply for a PR so I have to stay here until than.

Another thing if you dont mind asking I need to clearify is about my wife's new Aufenthalskarte. First time she got it from Hannover because I work there and she got a card like an ID card with family member of EU citizen written on it (she got it for two years only as her passport expires in June 2017) this time from Essen, where i work now,she got a greenish paper and I can't find any family member of EU citizen written on that. When I asked to visa officer he told me in NRW everyone get this paper base card due to some local rule or law and she can travel to UK on this without any problem.
ON UKBA website it is clearly written that if family of EU citizen is not written on the card they will not allow one to cross the border. By any chance do u have any knowledge of this?

Thanks in advance for your kind help and time. You guys are awesome.

Lots of Regards

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:43 pm

There are others far better placed to advise on a route through Germany. Stand by for their response.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Once again Thanks Casa for your time.

DingDong

Post by DingDong » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:17 pm

Hello,

Yes you can bring your parent under EU free movement directive, since you are a British citizen and practicing EU free movement rights in Germany so you are eligible, however you will need to prove that parents are dependent on yourself, as a normal rule of thumb you will need to show money transferred into dependent parents account for last 1 year as this is an integral to prove dependency. The procedure is you apply for a Schengen visa for your parents in Pakistan under EU directive and once it's granted they can join you in Germany & accordingly you can then apply for there EU residence card, this link will give you quick pointers how to apply once they are in Germany https://service.berlin.de/dienstleistung/324282/

All the best!

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks once again for reply. If any one have information about Aufenthalskarte (paper one) please share with me.

Take care