ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work History - Employee and director of a company

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dcsean2001
Newly Registered

Work History - Employee and director of a company

Post by dcsean2001 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:07 pm

Dear Sir\Madam,

I am currently employed in a company in IT department since march 2010 and I am also a director of a limited company and I have been doing part time contracted work (mostly weekend) through my limited company, my question is in the form where its asked for previous employment, should I tick EMPLOYEE and DIRECTOR or only EMPLOYEE.

Last year in August I asked HMRC to send records they had for me and they send me records of

• PAYE P14 held from 2010/11 to 2014/15
• Self assessment tax return calculation from 2009/10 to 2012/13

It seems like my accountant didn’t file the self-assessment for last couple year, I have got all the P60 from my current employment. all company taxes are paid, my question Is it enough to send last 6 years p60’s from my current job and the details HMRC send me, just worried my application doesn't get refused?

Many Thanks for your help
Faisal

tripping

Re: Work History - Employee and director of a company

Post by tripping » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:01 pm

The rule does say submit your latest/recent SA, which technically for you is 2012/13. It seems the latest P60s plus HMRC info that you have would be sufficient to satisfy the SA requirement for limited company directors, but better get clarification from other posters. I can only go by what other posters in similar situations have done in the past, prior to recent rule changes. Now, not sure how tight they are making those rules for this area.

I also operate through a ltd company and only wrote down Director if that helps. Some people put down Employee and Director.

The fact that your accountant forgot to file your self assessment for 2 years, is grounds for you to get a better reduced fee from him.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:50 pm

tripping wrote:The fact that your accountant forgot to file your self assessment for 2 years, is grounds for you to get a better reduced fee from him.
Joke accountants like this one are clearly a liability.

Get shot of her/him asap.
And demand a refund.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:55 pm

dcsean2001 wrote:Dear Sir\Madam,

I am currently employed in a company in IT department since march 2010 and I am also a director of a limited company and I have been doing part time contracted work (mostly weekend) through my limited company, my question is in the form where its asked for previous employment, should I tick EMPLOYEE and DIRECTOR or only EMPLOYEE.
You have answered your own question.
You indulge in two forms of economic activity and have two jobs.
So tick employee and director.
List the details in the employment history table.

And suggest you read the Declaration you are obliged to sign to vouch for the completeness and veracity of your information.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

tripping

Post by tripping » Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:18 am

noajthan wrote:
tripping wrote:The fact that your accountant forgot to file your self assessment for 2 years, is grounds for you to get a better reduced fee from him.
Joke accountants like this one are clearly a liability.

Get shot of her/him asap.
And demand a refund.
Exactly, unprofessionalism such as this causing undue stress is totally unacceptable. I would be at him/her hammer and thongs!

DCsean, read up on the rules on lodging previous years tax returns in UK, and see if thats a course of action you want to take prior to BC application. I personally think based strictly on the BC rules and your docs, you are ok (I sent only SA302 of all 5 years tax returns, no P60s, no paper self assessment return as I didnt have one), but with extra scrutiny now on all BC applications ( may affect good behaviour requirement - not submitting tax returns can be seen as careless/ deceptive at a pinch), it may pay to seek legal advice if the forum couldnt assist. Dont want to give wrong advice. Its a grey area depending on your interpretation of the rules. Hope you find a solution, sorry couldnt be any more helpful.

ay
Newly Registered

Post by ay » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi DCsean . Can you please let us know what options you had selected (Employee/Director) and which documents did you submit as part of Employment History . SA or P60's or any other Tax Return's ?