ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent working in another country

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ShrutiBlue
India

Tier 2 Dependent working in another country

Post by ShrutiBlue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:57 pm

I wanted to ask if a person gets a Tier 2 Dependent visa, are there any rules stopping them from working in another country (the US, for example)? If not, would there be any problems if this person comes to visit their spouse in the UK, as they haven't really been resident in the UK on their dependent visa?

Any answers would be appreciated!

Shruti

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Dependent working in another country

Post by CR001 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 pm

No, shouldnt' be a problem if they have the appropriate work visa for whichever country they wish to work in. It will however affect their ability to extend PBS dependent visa or obtain ILR in the UK though.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:24 pm

And that is because of not being in the UK for at least 180 days right? I understand it would affect ILR, but would there be a way around extending PBS dependent leave? Making a fresh application perhaps? If the main applicant switches to ILR then maybe they can apply as dependents of a settled person instead?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:53 am

Any route to ILR requires residence and if as a spouse of PBS or someone holding ILR, proof of cohabitation and subsisting marriage is required. The same evidence is required for extensions.

There is no absence limit for dependents, but obviously absences should be limited and for good reason and they should be residing in the UK with the partner not using a dependent visa a a visitor visa.

Why would anyone want to pay so much money for a visa applications and immigration health surcharge (with each application) and then work and live in another country and only visit the UK?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:02 am

Thank you for your reply. I agree with you, its a very expensive visa and not feasible to be used for visits. But in my case (or my future husband's), we want to apply for his dependent visa to make it easier for him to get a job in the UK, while he carries on working in the US. We don't want him to quit his job in the US and move here to look for another and sit idle till he finds one.

paradoxical
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by paradoxical » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:41 am

This is all fine, and having a dependant visa rather than a visitor visa (even if the dependant is currently working abroad) has several benefits. (easier to get a job, NHS access etc.). Furthermore, you can extend the visa, without any issue.

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:54 am

paradoxical wrote:This is all fine, and having a dependant visa rather than a visitor visa (even if the dependant is currently working abroad) has several benefits. (easier to get a job, NHS access etc.). Furthermore, you can extend the visa, without any issue.
The extension part is what I was concerned about. But hopefully my partner will get a job in the UK soon, thanks to the dependent visa and extension won't be an issue.

azizadil1998
Newly Registered

Post by azizadil1998 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:54 pm

Hi,

Has anyone received any clarification regarding the extension or grant of ILR for dependents of a Tier 2 spouse.

Thanks, Aziz

ShrutiBlue
India

Post by ShrutiBlue » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:31 am

What is your question exactly? Tier 2 dependents can extend their stay and after 5 years apply for ILR.