ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Main country question in UK naturalization application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asif_surti
Newly Registered

Main country question in UK naturalization application

Post by asif_surti » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:40 pm

Hello,

I am thinking of applying for UK naturalization followed by passport. However I intend to return to India after few years.

In the application form AN-01_2016 point 2.3 they ask the following,
2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised

Can I give India here? Will it affect my application for the passport? For example do they require this to be UK?

Thanks and Regards
Asif

spellish123
- thin ice -

Re: Main country question in UK naturalization application

Post by spellish123 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:37 pm

UK

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:51 pm

asif_surti wrote:Hello,

I am thinking of applying for UK naturalization followed by passport. However I intend to return to India after few years.

2.3 Please tell us in which country you intend to have your main home if you are naturalised

Can I give India here? Will it affect my application for the passport? For example do they require this to be UK?

Thanks and Regards
Asif
You can put another country here but you will be required to submit an explanation (see note below the box) - one would generally expect this to be UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:04 pm

asif_surti wrote:Hello,

Thanks and Regards
Asif
If you put India, you will fail the 'future intentions' aspect, which this question is about.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.