ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General visa and passport expire date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fangxf1987
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General visa and passport expire date

Post by fangxf1987 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:11 am

Hi team,

I am applying Tier2 general visa I am holding a COS now. But I realized that my passport expires on 09 Mar. 2019, and I am going to stay in UK up to 3 years. Will that be a problem or I can update my passport during the period of my stay? Will my visa application be rejected because of this? Thanks.

krisv

Re: Tier 2 General visa and passport expire date

Post by krisv » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:21 am

For out of country applications (i.e. applying outside UK), I think that the passport needs to have a validity of at least 6 months (Senior members can confirm this).

You can renew your passport while in the UK (provided your country's embassy / high commission provides the service). Since your visa would be on a BRP, there would be no need to transfer it to your new passport.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:32 am

its fine. No problem.

fangxf1987
Newly Registered

Post by fangxf1987 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:37 am

krisv wrote:For out of country applications (i.e. applying outside UK), I think that the passport needs to have a validity of at least 6 months (Senior members can confirm this).

You can renew your passport while in the UK (provided your country's embassy / high commission provides the service). Since your visa would be on a BRP, there would be no need to transfer it to your new passport.
Many thanks, krisv

fangxf1987
Newly Registered

Post by fangxf1987 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 am

iworker wrote:its fine. No problem.
Thank you, iworker, I really appreciate it.