ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa - two jobs

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LaylaB
Newly Registered

spouse visa - two jobs

Post by LaylaB » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:41 pm

Hello everyone,
Im new to this site and would like to ask a question was hoping one of you guys could help me out.
.i have two jobs one is my main job where my basic pay is 1121.90 BUT it chnges every month due to overtime i do and being paid hourley ( non saleried)
.My other job is only part time and i pick up 450 a month.this job is saleried

My question is that im planning to apply under catergory A once i have six months slips for both jobs. However in my main job e.g if i earn 1500 one month ( through overtime) but earn 1050 the next month ( not get my contracted hours this month) will this matter as 1050+450=1500 therfore 50 pound under the 1550 a month threshold... Or will not matter as i have earned 1500+450 =1950 the month before...do they work out an average over the six months or does both job have to eqal 1550 combined EVERY month regardless of how much overtime you do the month after to make up for it

Sorry if this is not worded so good but will appreciate any help and answers.
Thank you

Zach93
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa - two jobs

Post by Zach93 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 am

I believe the only difference in cat A and cat B other than the 6 months and 12 months pay slips, is the calculation method.

Under Category, A six month worth of pay slip would be required totalling to a 9300, therefore, each month a min of 1550(for salaried employment). Whilst for Category B, 12 months worth of pay slips totalling to an 18600.

there are two types of calculation, under category A which is influenced by types of employment(salaried and non-salaried).

salaried, 9300/6 =1550
Non-salaried, 26 cumulative weekly payments(totalling of 6 months period) divide 6 months multiple by 12.
for eg, 26 x (360) / 6 x 12=18720.

I know it is not mentioned in the guidance whether it is possible to merge both salaried and non-salaried payments. I think the division between the calculation is to achieve an accurate period of 6 months. note that for salaried employment, it is on a monthly basis(30 to 31 days). whilst for non-salaried(usually paid per week(7days) or every four weeks (28 days),

hence the calculation takes 26 weeks(26x7=182 days) in the guidance instead of 6 months x 4 weeks = 24 weeks, to make up for the loss days(30-28= 2days, 31-28=3 days, 2 or 3 days over a period of 6 months would give another 2 weeks(2+3+2+3+2+3=15 days or 3+2+3+2+3+2=15days). therefore this leads me to the conclusion that mathematically, by just adding both salaries up will not conform to the 6 months period required. unless your non-salaried payments are paid monthly, I don't think it is possible to combine.

"if i earn 1500 one month ( through overtime) but earn 1050 the next month ( not get my contracted hours this month) will this matter as 1050+450=1500 therfore 50 pound under the 1550 a month threshold..."
if I am correct that it is not possible to combine the two jobs due to the different type of employment, therefore this will fall short of the required 1550 for category A salaried employment.]

"Or will not matter as i have earned 1500+450 =1950 the month before...do they work out an average over the six months or does both job have to eqal 1550 combined EVERY month regardless of how much overtime you do the month after to make up for it"
the calculation of averaging only applies to non-salaried employment if I'm correct.

quoting from the appendix fm, "If necessary, to meet the level of the financial requirement applicable to the application, a person in salaried or non-salaried employment with the current employer for 6 months or more at the date of application can add to this:" note that the guidance uses "or" and not "and" in any instances.

hope this helps. do confirm with others.

LaylaB
Newly Registered

Post by LaylaB » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:55 am

Hey,
Thanks so much for taking the time to reply back to me, much appreciated.
From what I read I think that as long as in my main job (which is deffiantly non salarieed) i reach at least my basic pay every month- 1121.90 then I should qualify as I will be getting £1571.90 a month combined which is over the 1550 figure.

.both jobs are paid on the 28th of the month and I get 2 payslips each month ( 1 from each employer)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:36 am

I think if the both jobs held at least from the last 6 months and wages varying each month then you may qualify under category A non salaried where the average of previous 6 months wages will be taken to calculate annual wages.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.