ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Congratulations to all the new citizens today

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Congratulations to all the new citizens today

Post by chels » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:37 am

Just wanted to say congratulations to all who are attending today's citizenship ceremony and becoming Ireland's newest citizens. And especially the ones who have gone out of their way to give advice and support to others on this forum - I for one am so glad to have found this place and extremely grateful for the help and reassurance I have received here.

I will be watching RTE news this evening to see if they feature the ceremony as they usually do. It will be lovely to see & exciting to think that I will (hopefully) be attending the next one in September!

All the best!

Tatalo
Ireland

Re: Congratulations to all the new citizens today

Post by Tatalo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:26 pm

Hi,

Are you sure the next ceremony is in September? last year they said that there were 9 ceremonies. This year we only had 1 (today) and if September is the next one this means that in 9 months we'd have only 2 ceremonies! Moreover, if we say there are ~30,000 new naturalized citezens a year then you need around the 9-10 ceremonies.
#just_wondering.

Cheers!

chels
Mood:
Ireland

Post by chels » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 pm

Tatalo wrote:Hi,

Are you sure the next ceremony is in September? last year they said that there were 9 ceremonies. This year we only had 1 (today) and if September is the next one this means that in 9 months we'd have only 2 ceremonies! Moreover, if we say there are ~30,000 new naturalized citezens a year then you need around the 9-10 ceremonies.
#just_wondering.

Cheers!

Hi Tatalo - apologies, I probably shouldn't have put September in there as its a bit disingenuous because you're right there probably will be one before that! I wasn't thinking properly when I wrote it and was just recalling the that the last one before today was September!

Thanks for the correction though! Much appreciated!

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:02 pm

To chels
Thank you for wishing us..I had my ceremony today and it was amazing..
Well ceremony mostly takes 3 or 4 times a year..however the biggest one is the beginning of the year usually happens in march or April like today ..total people were 3144 among 170 countries..
There may two more but will not be big group like this..sometimes even they do 100 ppl in one ceremony..
I wish u all the best for your application..
I seen u are very excited..it's all good just be patient..
See you on the bright side ..
Cheers

Tatalo
Ireland

Post by Tatalo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:34 pm

congrats @pukun_check!
Did they mention when is the next ceremony?

@chels actually my calculations are wrong :-\ usually there are around the 10k naturalized citizens and every ceremony consists of 3 different ceremonies of 1k. In any case, let's hope it's before September :-)

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:22 pm

To Tatalo
Thanks you for wishing..they might reveal the next ceremony in the evening on INIS website..
Usually they give 3 thousand citizenship to the applicant in April ceremony ...
On that day there is 3 sessions and each session has 1000 perticipent ..
There should 2 more in this atleast ..
Good luck with ur application..