ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Extension - COS Start and end date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crish83
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Extension - COS Start and end date

Post by crish83 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:12 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 2 General employer sponsored visa. I have to apply for an extension before June 2017, as my current visa end date is End of June 2017. By June 2017 I will be completing 4 1/2 years under tier 2 general visa. I have following queries:

Can I apply for extension by May 1 st week or by mid of May?

If I apply in May what start date and end date to be mentioned on COS? ( As per my understanding I can be there 6 years on Tier 2 General. If I should not exceed six years on Tier 2, I have 1 1/2 year gap).

Please can anyone advice on the start date and end date to be mentioned on COS and as well as NHS Surcharge.

Thanking you in Advance.

Regards
Crish

hitsis
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 Extension - COS Start and end date

Post by hitsis » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am

The start date should be 1st July 2017, if your current visa ends on 30th June 2017. The end date should be the date that makes your total Tier 2 stay to 6 years.

crish83
Newly Registered

Post by crish83 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:43 pm

hitsis wrote:The start date should be 1st July 2017, if your current visa ends on 30th June 2017. The end date should be the date that makes your total Tier 2 stay to 6 years.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Heard that there is a rule change in April 2017 with regards to curtailment leave, as it is not taken into consideration under Tier 2 stay of 6 years. Is that true?

Below is my visa status details kindly advice:

I received Tier 2 Employer sponsored visa in Jan 2013, but made redundant in Dec 2013. Employer informed to home office in Jan 2014 And received cooling off period from UKBA till May 2014 (curtailment leave) to look for a new sponsor. Luckily I got a new sponsor within that period and applied for Tier 2 General visa . My current Tier 2 Visa for new employer received till end of June 2017. Going for extension and then apply for ILR. I have following doubt

Will my Curtailment Gap considered for applying for ILR under 5 year tier 2 Category?

COS start and end date - My curtailment Gap is considered under tier 2 total 6 years stay?

Please advise.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Crish

crish83
Newly Registered

Post by crish83 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 pm

crish83 wrote:
hitsis wrote:The start date should be 1st July 2017, if your current visa ends on 30th June 2017. The end date should be the date that makes your total Tier 2 stay to 6 years.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Heard that there is a rule change in April 2017 with regards to curtailment leave, as it is not taken into consideration under Tier 2 stay of 6 years. Is that true?

Below is my visa status details kindly advice:

I received Tier 2 Employer sponsored visa in Jan 2013, but made redundant in Dec 2013. Employer informed to home office in Jan 2014 And received cooling off period from UKBA till May 2014 (curtailment leave) to look for a new sponsor. Luckily I got a new sponsor within that period and applied for Tier 2 General visa . My current Tier 2 Visa for new employer received till end of June 2017. Going for extension and then apply for ILR. I have following doubt

Will my Curtailment Gap considered for applying for ILR under 5 year tier 2 Category?

COS start and end date - My curtailment Gap is considered under tier 2 total 6 years stay?

Please advise.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards
Crish

Hi

Can anyone advise on the above query.

Appreciate quick response.

Thanks & Regards
Aparna