ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA FM & QP / intervew in Liverpool

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wiczka
Newly Registered

EEA FM & QP / intervew in Liverpool

Post by wiczka » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 am

Hello
I applied for EEA FM ( Married/ Spouse) Residence Permit and EU Qualified Person for my wife
-------------------------------------------Timeline----------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: 21st Dec 16
Biometrics: 17 Jan 17
COA with work: 27 Jan 17 :D
Request for Interview on 16 May: 20 April 17
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Problem we have is that my wife is going to visit her home country for three weeks and will return on 20th May. She has planned this holiday with her friends and family for months and is really looking forward for it :cry: . She is travelling with her friends and all tickets are paid and non-refundable. I have these 2 questions for respectable Gurus
Q1: why are we selected for interview by HO :?: ( I have not come across many fellow board users on this forum who have been called for interview)
Q2: what you guys recommend :idea: , shall my wife cancel her holiday and attend this interview or we ask HO to give us any date after 20th :? . Please give us Pros and Cons
Many thanks

crunchycracker
Newly Registered

Re: EEA FM & QP / intervew in Liverpool

Post by crunchycracker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi,

Can I ask - what is your legal status in the UK when you applied for the EEA FM? Are you/ is your :
1) a visa overstayer
2) visa close to expiry
3) arrive in the UK on EEA FP
4) with (and still has) a valid visa that is not yet close to expiry
5) other?

Also can I ask did you:
1) married in the UK on a valid visa
2) married in the uk without a valid visa
3) married outside the UK

And also:
Is your EEA spouse exercising their treaty rights as:
1) a worker
2) a self-sufficient person
3) a student
4) a self-employed person
5) a job seeker

And also nationality of both parties?

answers to the above question could potentially give clues as to why you were selected for interview (being perceived as high risk by the HO) I think?