ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

emplyer change / Job title change

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

drdan123
Newly Registered

emplyer change / Job title change

Post by drdan123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:04 am

I understand that I have to stay on Work Permit for 5 years in order to apply for ILR.

I am working on a work permit for about 2 years. I need to know that if I change my employer , will my 5 year period be reset?

And do I have to apply for the same job title with the new employer, or the job title can change ?

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:43 am

You can change WP in the UK without reseting the clock; plan well ahead of the changes to avoid any gaps between the WP, plan well to avoid having to seek entry clearance abroad (that could be considered a break).
The new employer can apply for the WP any time, once you have the WP approval letter you can apply for FLR and once that's approved you can easily switch employers/resign/leave old employer (you have 28 days since you resign or leave the original employer; plan so you don't need to use those 28 days)
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

SKUK
Member of Standing

Post by SKUK » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:54 am

Your job title should be the same or at the same level or above the current designation.

For ex: If the current WP says Senior Manager and your new employer applies for you as "Systems Analyst" then they raise a question or may even refuse

fardeens

Post by fardeens » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Sorry to jump in this thread. I am on a work permit. I wanted to know what if my employer wants to change my job title as I am doing all that was in my job spec for my original post but additional responsibilities inc. management as well and give a pay rise. Can they do that or will they have to go Home office?

Thanks

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:33 pm

try-one wrote:You can change WP in the UK without reseting the clock; plan well ahead of the changes to avoid any gaps between the WP, plan well to avoid having to seek entry clearance abroad (that could be considered a break).
The new employer can apply for the WP any time, once you have the WP approval letter you can apply for FLR and once that's approved you can easily switch employers/resign/leave old employer (you have 28 days since you resign or leave the original employer; plan so you don't need to use those 28 days)
THIS IS BIT RELEVANT TO MY SITUATION.
ACTUALLY I MADE A MISTAKE OF CHANGING JOBS AND RESIGNED BEFORE I HAD A NEW PERMIT READY ( BUT MY NEW EMPLOYER HAD APPLIED FOR THE NEW WORK PERMIT WITHIN 28 DAYS I LEFT THE JOB AND IT WAS REJECTED) THEREFORE I HAD TO GO THROUGHT THE PROCESS OF AN OUT OF COUNTRY WORK PERMIT APPLICATION..........NOW I WANT TO GET MY ILR DONE IN 5 YEARS (I HAD COVERED 2 YEARS ALREADY ON THE FIRST WORK PERMIT - AND THE GAP IS 5 MONTHS OUT WHICH 3 MONTHS I SPENT INSIDE UK)........PLEASE ADVICE....

ANOTHER THING I WOULD LIKE TO MENTION IS THAT ...I USED TO BE GRADUATE STRUCTURAL ENGINEER IN OLD COMPANY AND NEW COMPANY MY TITLE WENT TO SENIOR ENGINEER....DO YOU RECOKON I WAS ELIGIBLE OF APPLYING UNDER 'CHANGE OF EMPLOYMENT' CATAGORY.............................THANKS

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:37 pm

fardeens wrote:Sorry to jump in this thread. I am on a work permit. I wanted to know what if my employer wants to change my job title as I am doing all that was in my job spec for my original post but additional responsibilities inc. management as well and give a pay rise. Can they do that or will they have to go Home office?

Thanks
I THINK YOUR EMPLOYER WILL HAVE TO GO TO HOME OFFICE IF YOUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OR/AND PAY CHANGES SIGNIFICANTLY........CAN ANY ONE GIVE AN IDEA ABOUT THIS "SIGNIFINCANT"

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:48 am

fardeens wrote:Sorry to jump in this thread. I am on a work permit. I wanted to know what if my employer wants to change my job title as I am doing all that was in my job spec for my original post but additional responsibilities inc. management as well and give a pay rise. Can they do that or will they have to go Home office?

Thanks
They should notify the Home Office. If the Home Office deem it a major change then they will tell them to make an application for a change of conditions.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!