ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA applying for BC-student and then EEA family member

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

phonepal
Newly Registered

Post by phonepal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 am

Dear All
Could anyone please advise me on the following.

I'm a non-EEA national.
Arrived in UK Aug 2005 as a student.
Married to an EEA national on the Jun .2010 in London.
Got PR on 5 years basics
BC is due now next month
I have got last last six years Job details
I had Student Visa from 2005 to 2009 ( worked on NI number from 3-2007 to 7-2007) almost 3 months.( there were some Easter Holidays)
My Question is Home office asked for 10 years work, How I tell them about my Student period?
and most important question is that Done 3 months work on NI number which wan,t allowed!
Please Help I am in Great deep worries.
Thanks ALL

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: non-EEA applying for BC-student and then EEA family memb

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm

List the employment period and you must list ALL emplymwnt. The form does say 10 yearso IF applicable. Write student for time your were student.

You should be aware that if you breached your student visa by working more than you were allowed, you will likely not meet the good character requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

phonepal
Newly Registered

Post by phonepal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:43 pm

CR001 wrote:List the employment period and you must list ALL emplymwnt. The form does say 10 yearso IF applicable. Write student for time your were student.

You should be aware that if you breached your student visa by working more than you were allowed, you will likely not meet the good character requirement.
Thanks very much indeed
Would you give me an advice Please, should I apply after 08/2017 therefore I do not need to mention about that period?
Thanks

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:27 pm

I'm in a similar situation but I forgot to mention that I was working part time while I was a student... I just gave them all the company details ... hopefully they will check it out with hmrc ... although no hours mention but with the difference in earnings, I hope they apply common sense

phonepal
Newly Registered

Post by phonepal » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Zhonor wrote:I'm in a similar situation but I forgot to mention that I was working part time while I was a student... I just gave them all the company details ... hopefully they will check it out with hmrc ... although no hours mention but with the difference in earnings, I hope they apply common sense
Hello,
Was it your job on NI number and was it over then 20 hours per week?

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:38 pm

phonepal wrote:
Zhonor wrote:I'm in a similar situation but I forgot to mention that I was working part time while I was a student... I just gave them all the company details ... hopefully they will check it out with hmrc ... although no hours mention but with the difference in earnings, I hope they apply common sense
Hello,
Was it your job on NI number and was it over then 20 hours per week?
I think u have to give your NI number in the application form. I wrote my NI and I gave the job title and company details ... I have not worked over 20 hours as a student but I forgot to mention on the form that certain years I was working part time ...