ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Documents - Self Sufficient

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

NickUSAbr
Newly Registered

Study while on EEA

Post by NickUSAbr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 am

Hello all,

Here is my predicament: I am married to an EU citizen, we are planning on traveling to the UK and once arriving, applying for our resident card. But here is my question, can I take up studies(masters degree) while I wait for my resident card ? Is there anything that would prevent me from studying while I wait, or let me put in another way, is there anything that would prevent the university from accepting me based on my status ?

thank you very much,

Nick

Dowlad
Newly Registered

Re: Study while on EEA

Post by Dowlad » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:00 pm

NickUSAbr wrote:Hello all,

Here is my predicament: I am married to an EU citizen, we are planning on traveling to the UK and once arriving, applying for our resident card. But here is my question, can I take up studies(masters degree) while I wait for my resident card ? Is there anything that would prevent me from studying while I wait, or let me put in another way, is there anything that would prevent the university from accepting me based on my status ?

thank you very much,

Nick
Hi Nick,

I am no expert, experts will correct me if I am mistaken. when you apply for residence card, you will be asked for your biometric information and after submitting the biometric details, you will receive Certificate of Application (CoA). a letter confirming you've applied and whether you're allowed to work etc..

1) You can use your CoA if the uni asks about your status.
2) the university will probably ask additional info whether you qualify as Home student or international student,
check with the university to see if they will consider you as home student as the family member of EU national. I think it depends where you studying , Scotland, Wales or England and also the university, and also where you've been 3 years prior to the start of the course.

NickUSAbr
Newly Registered

Re: Study while on EEA

Post by NickUSAbr » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:58 pm

Hi Dowlad,

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. I have sent e-mails to the universities I received offers from, but 'till now, no reply back. I have read something similar to your answer in other forums, but can't find any government related information on this specific topic.
I believe that with this COA I should be able to start my course, but nevertheless, I am very worried.

Thank you for your help.

Take care.

NickUSAbr
Newly Registered

EEA2 Documents - Self Sufficient

Post by NickUSAbr » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:12 am

Hello All,

I am planning on applying to an EEA2(5 Years) once we arrive in the UK, I already have an EEA permit(6 months), but here are some questions:

1) Do I need to translate my bank statements to english to file for an EEA2 ? The bank statements are currently in portuguese. I did not translate it for the family permit and had no problems, I wonder if things are different for this process and also for the home office.

2) We are applying to the basis of being self sufficient, do I need to have money in an UK bank or can I just have it invested abroad(home country) and make monthly transfers to my UK bank ?

3) Anybody whose ever gone through the process of applying as self sufficient, can you give me any pointers ?

Thank you very much,

Nick,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: EEA2 Documents - Self Sufficient

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:52 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.