ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluter

Re: Permanent Residence Card Processing Time 2016

Post by aluter » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 am

Still waiting...called them again today and told to wait till end of the month to hear back.

Also emailed my MP who as also chased them up.

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:37 pm

sam9ice wrote:Thanks Daniann, guess I don't need to call them again then, will just exercise more patience since yours is over 6 months as well.
Thanks, will let you know of any update
Do you have any update sam9ice ?

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:12 pm

I'm in a living nightmare. I receive a BRP today dated 17/04 which would be 6 months exactly to the date I sent my application. However I didn't get Permanent Residence but just a Residence Card for 5 years... wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not received any letter explaining the reasons for this and I'm completely sure I qualify for PR having had a Residence permit since 2011...

No idea what is going on and I'm going mad

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

cattiva wrote:I'm in a living nightmare. I receive a BRP today dated 17/04 which would be 6 months exactly to the date I sent my application. However I didn't get Permanent Residence but just a Residence Card for 5 years... wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not received any letter explaining the reasons for this and I'm completely sure I qualify for PR having had a Residence permit since 2011...

Did you received your supporting documents as well?

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:24 pm

cattiva wrote:I'm in a living nightmare. I receive a BRP today dated 17/04 which would be 6 months exactly to the date I sent my application. However I didn't get Permanent Residence but just a Residence Card for 5 years... wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You need to contact them straight away.

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm

yes, I'll call tomorrow but I think I need to wait until I get the letter with the explanation so I know their reasons so I can ask for an administrative review....

this is a mess...

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm

cattiva wrote:yes, I'll call tomorrow but I think I need to wait until I get the letter with the explanation so I know their reasons so I can ask for an administrative review....

this is a mess...
If you wish to wait then fine, but if I were you I wouldn't wait for 2 seconds.

sam9ice
Newly Registered

Post by sam9ice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:47 am

Daniann wrote:
sam9ice wrote:Thanks Daniann, guess I don't need to call them again then, will just exercise more patience since yours is over 6 months as well.
No update yet, still waiting.....

@cattiva, I think the case worker made a big error on your case, you need to call them ASAP.... I can imagine how frustrating this is for you, I feel really bad too... just call them and hope they can give you PR.

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:26 am

I just called and was told that they dont have any information on case specific decisions and I should write back to them
I called at 0300 123 2253
which number are you calling to?

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:15 pm

UPDATE!
I got the letter saying that I got the Permanent Residence!!
so I guess it's just a BPR error
I'm going to contact them immediately to rectify

I'm over the moon.. so I got it exactly 6 months to the date I sent my application

sam9ice
Newly Registered

Post by sam9ice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:59 pm

cattiva wrote:UPDATE!
I got the letter saying that I got the Permanent Residence!!
so I guess it's just a BPR error
I'm going to contact them immediately to rectify

I'm over the moon.. so I got it exactly 6 months to the date I sent my application
See, they do make mistakes sometimes lol... happy ending! Congrats!

Lindor123
Newly Registered

Post by Lindor123 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:35 pm

Lindor123 wrote:Hi! This is our timeline:
NON EU Wife and EU Husband
Application submitted : November 15,2016
Money taken: November 16, 2016
Biometric letter for NON EU WIFE: last week of November ( forgot the date )
Biometric submitted: 2 days after
COA: received December 3, 2016
BRP received: April 19, 2017 ( Supposed to be deliver 13 April - but I was at work and DX courier left a card in the house, asking to re schedule the delivery, and it was holy week last week ( bank holiday) so its only TODAY they deliver my BRP
Place and date of ISSUE on my BRP Card : UK 10/4/2017

so all in all.. almost 5 months of waiting ( from the time home office deducted the money- to the issued date written in my BRP card ( 10/4/2017 ) and Valid until 2027

My husband who is EU national- still waiting for his BRP ( surprisingly I got my BRP first than him ) Also, I havent received yet my documents and passport. Hoping to receivd them soon.

Question*** Does BRP normally comes first? then followed by returning all the documents? How long do I have to wait to get all my documents back?

Appreciate all your answers! Thank you and have a lovely day
********Finally, my husband received his BRP card and all our documents including pasports. Surprisingly, in the decision letter- it says I have acquired my PR since May 2016 and so, I can apply my British Cit next month, May 2017 ( after 1 year ) Wow, that is so QUICK!! Have to passed first my Life in the UK Test,Passed English Test and save money £1282 for Citizenship

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:25 pm

It's still an issue since I need to travel asap and I read it can take up to a month to get it corrected
i hope it's straightforward

Noneeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by Noneeapr2017 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi i applied for pr
17/10/2016 still haven't received my documents back , called ukba they said call beck by the end of the month . By the way on the 04/04/17 i had home office visit they came at 6 am in the morning asking me some stupid questions about my ex wife .

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:58 am

Noneeapr2017 wrote:Hi i applied for pr
17/10/2016 still haven't received my documents back , called ukba they said call beck by the end of the month . By the way on the 04/04/17 i had home office visit they came at 6 am in the morning asking me some stupid questions about my ex wife .

What and what was the questions they asked you

sam9ice
Newly Registered

Post by sam9ice » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:26 pm

sam9ice wrote:
Daniann wrote:
No update yet, still waiting.....

@cattiva, I think the case worker made a big error on your case, you need to call them ASAP.... I can imagine how frustrating this is for you, I feel really bad too... just call them and hope they can give you PR.

Update!!!
I just received my PR card, application date 17 Oct 2016
Issue date 18 April 2017.
What a relief!!!
They really took thier time but it's cool I have it now
Thank you so much everyone

Noneeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by Noneeapr2017 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Congratulations sam

Did they used the tracking envlope that u sent with ur documents or second class delivery .

sam9ice
Newly Registered

Post by sam9ice » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:43 pm

Noneeapr2017 wrote:Congratulations sam

Did they used the tracking envlope that u sent with ur documents or second class delivery .
Thanks... I actually just received a small brown envelope with the PR card only, didn't get my documents yet. I didn't include any tracking envelope when I applied so I guess they will use a second class delivery.

Noneeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by Noneeapr2017 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:06 pm

My application is over 6 months i called on friday HO they said they can not chase it and i have to wait . I really dont understand
Why this delay is for . And some applications they deal with them not more than 2 mothns . They dont care about the applicant specially the non eu .

cattiva
Newly Registered

Post by cattiva » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:13 am

does anyone have the same problem? I'm supposed to have been given permanent residence but my card expires in 5 years and it doesnt say the word permanent anywhere

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:24 am

Noneeapr2017 wrote:My application is over 6 months i called on friday HO they said they can not chase it and i have to wait . I really dont understand
Why this delay is for . And some applications they deal with them not more than 2 mothns . They dont care about the applicant specially the non eu .
We are on the same boat my friend , for me it's 6 month and 22 days and nothing so far , I have called 3 times without feedback !!

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am

After contacting the HO via the help line , I just recived the below email :
(Thank you for contacting UKVI contact centre. Our records show that your request is under consideration and the appropriate team has been notified that your request is still pending. UKVI hope to action your request as soon as possible)
Can some one tell what they mean by pending application ?

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:42 pm

jerking wrote:Hello Everyone";
Find bellow my humble timeline For Non-EEA;
Appl sent : 15 Aug 2016
Appl received : 16 Aug 2016
Payment was done by postal order and sent together with the appl
* No email was received to confirm application
BIOMETRICS letter was received: 30 Sept 2016 dated 29Sept2016
BIOMETRICS SENT : 03 OCT 2016
COA with rights to work was received dated: 04 Oct 2016
Six months legal period was reached on: 16 Feb 2017
*Note just for clarifications; the Six months legal period start from the date HO received your Application
said by one HO officer on the phone to me.

On the 24th of Feb i wrote to the HO with the same format i copied from a participant of this group on page 4 by name<<Verinicasilva88>> and i think it was helpful but i dont know if it influence my application or not but it was helpful, i just edited it to suit my case since i had a one week old son and a new Job with the Offenders management unit(HPM): below is the original letter i copied;
...............................................................................................................................
My name is XXX and I have applied for a Permanent Residence Card on the 06th June 2016. I have provided the biometrics information and received a Certificate of Application with Issue Date 12th July 2016.
The £65 payment fee was taken on the 07th June as per my bank statement records.
I am writing to you because on the 06th December the six months period will be reached during which the Home Office has to legally process my case and I really need my passport and permanent residence for employment reasons.
I am fully employed in the UK (and I have been fully employed since I was allowed by law in the UK from 2011 onwards). I am working for XXX (please find enclosed a letter from my employer where states that I work for them). I am a XXX and due to the nature of the work I need to travel to client sites to perform my work.
It is really inconvenient for me to not have a decision on my case after the six months of the application and it’s causing serious issues at my work and unnecessary stress.
I request you to expedite my case on the base that according the Regulation 17(3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006 says that a residence card must be issued to a non-EEA national who is a family member of an EEA national who is a qualified person, or has a permanent right of residence within 6 months of receiving an application.
Please see below the case number and other application information for your reference and consideration.
Full name: XXX
Date of birth: XXX
Date of application: 06/06/2016
Royal Mail Recorded Delivery number: XXXX
Method of payment used when making the application: Credit Card
Case ID or Home Office (HO) reference: XXXX
Certificate of Application Issue Date: 12/07/2016
..............................................................................................................................
If you have to use this just edit it to suit your case,if your situation has change say you got a new job, or got pregnant or change of address or anything new, please i will advice u include it there and send all documents necessary.
Here is the Goodnews part : :D
On the 7th of March 2017 (Today) my wife answered a bang at the door and it was a courier service person asking her to sign my name. It was my BPR dated 03 March 2017.
The letter said i must have received a communique earlier stating the decision was reached for my case and my documents return; But i didnt received any such letter, after writing this i need to call HO to find out where is my passport and that of my wife.

My personal review: If you have applied for PR and ur mostly a NOn-EEA and your application is above 6months time try and exercise patient. If you haven't committed any crime(violent and non violent) and your sponsor(pouse) is fully working then you dont need to be afraid, be patient for your on bang on the door is on its way.
This blog helped me a lot to calm down my nerves and not to stress too much as i always visited it reading stories of everyone, at least that makes you feel a little relief seeing some body with the same time line going through the same thing as you. so i promise i will update mind if am successful. believe me i was too stress out i already started looking into how to appeal :lol: .
If you have any doubt maybe i can help. Wish you all Goodluck and patients.
cheers!
Hi
My application been 6 months and 22 days . I have called the hrlpline and they reply was my application under consideration and it's still pending !!
Kindly let me know to which address you have sent the letter ? Or if you sent it by email kindly advice the email address you have sent to !
Kindly guy any one can advice ?
Thanks

Noneeapr2017
Newly Registered

Post by Noneeapr2017 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm

I called HO this afternoon lady took my details and she said they will call me back within 3 to 5 working days

ChinChiminey85
Newly Registered

Post by ChinChiminey85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:50 pm

sorry if this has been answered before

where you have to surrender your current passport with your application, does this mean you cannot travel for 6 months? what if you have to go abroad??