ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Joint or seperate EEA1 & EEA2?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evil_grrrl666

Joint or seperate EEA1 & EEA2?

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:54 am

Hi everyone!

Maybe some people remember, in October I posted regarding a refusal for my husband's EEA FP. What happened afterwards was, we got a tourist visa for the Netherlands (sponsored by my mother who lives there), and then just crossed the Channel from Calais without applying for the EEA FP again. The immigration officers in Calais did not seem too happy about us and our previous refusal initially, but realized that we had all necessary documentation and gave the impression that even they thought our refusal was weird, so they stamped my husband's passport with "Leave to enter" valid for 6 months.

Now both of us are working in UK and want to apply for our EEA1 and EEA2.

I was wondering what is a better approach: should we make a joint application by post? (Send it to Liverpool I believe because it will take until after the 25th Feb to get all the paperwork ready)

Or would it be best for me to apply in person for EEA1 and then my husband to apply for EEA2 by post after I get my registration certificate?

Which option would be faster? We might want to travel to the Netherlands in a while to visit my mother. Plus my husband needs his passport to apply for a driving license as well...

Thanks in advance for all your advice,
Laura

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:23 pm

Past antecdotal experience has been that if the applications are made together, they seem to be processed a bit quicker. My husband and I sent in the joint applications in September 2007 and we received everything back within 4-5 weeks. I don't remember the exact timeline, but I posted about it a while back.

Also, with EEA applications, if your application is being processed and you need to travel, you can request your passport back. Info regarding how to do so can be found on the BIA website.

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:32 pm

Thanks for the advice... :)

In addition to time concerns, the following post spooked me: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =eea2+eea1

Even the EEA1 was refused in that case.. Considering we have received a very strange refusal in the past (EEA FP), I don't trust our luck and it seemed applying for EEA1 in person would help...

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:49 pm

evil_grrrl666 wrote:Thanks for the advice... :)

In addition to time concerns, the following post spooked me: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =eea2+eea1

Even the EEA1 was refused in that case.. Considering we have received a very strange refusal in the past (EEA FP), I don't trust our luck and it seemed applying for EEA1 in person would help...
I don't think that either case is relevant for your application. The EEA FP is processed by staff that may not usually deal with European applications, and the refusal you refer looks like a communication issue with the employer.

So I think you should just send the application and see what happens. Usually they are processed correctly, although it can take quite a while.

Tom

darlinfe
Newly Registered

Post by darlinfe » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45 pm

Hello evil_grrrl666,

I hope to send in my EEA1 and EEA2 applications in for my husband and I to the Liverpool office jointly by post.

Did you by chance send in your paperwork already and maybe gotten a confirmation letter?

Please let me know. I'm doing a bit of research myself before I send in the documentation, but naturally am a little nervous that they will want to split the applications up anyways since they are supposed to be handled by different offices now.

Your input would be ever so useful to me.

Hope to hear from you! Cheers!

evil_grrrl666

Post by evil_grrrl666 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 am

I will hopefully be posting the applications together to Liverpool today. I will let you know if I get a confirmation.

darlinfe
Newly Registered

Post by darlinfe » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 am

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck! :wink:

darlinfe
Newly Registered

Post by darlinfe » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:11 pm

I recv'd a PM from evil_grrrl666 on Mar 31 2008...see below. Hopefully this forum helps others with the EEA1/EEA2 Joint Application Process to LIVERPOOL!

Inbox :: Message
To: darlinfe
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:00 pm
Subject: Re: EEA1/EEA2 Joint Apps to Liverpool
Hi,
We just received our confirmation letters from the home office last week.
So i guess it was the correct address after all.