ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish citizenship by Naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hillol
Newly Registered

Irish citizenship by Naturalisation

Post by hillol » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:55 am

Hi,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could give me some advice on my situation please.

I moved to Ireland in January this year. I have received my PPS number. I'm unemployed and so far haven't claimed anything from social welfare.
Being a British citizen in Ireland, I need to have 5 years of reckonable residence in Ireland before I qualify to be a naturalised Irish citizen.

I would rather try not to be a burden on the state, however, is there any support that I can claim which will not affect my citizenship application after 5 years?

Thanks a lot in advance.

pukon_check

Re: Irish citizenship by Naturalisation

Post by pukon_check » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:32 pm

Hi hillol
It does not affect ur application if you take social from the state during residing here..However you should aim to have a job while your application is submitted to citizenship department..
It was adviced in many places to have tax paye job during ur application process...
But the truth is if are on the social time u applied its negative for a approval..But a person can be real sick or unable to work in some extent they would consider..
Most important part is be a good character in the state while u residing in Ireland its more important than anything..
Example:court issue ,breaking laws or speeding or other anti social behaviour should be avoided if you want your citizenship application to be successful..
Hope you get an idea regarding your question..
Stay clam and good luck ..

hillol
Newly Registered

Post by hillol » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:29 am

pukon_check wrote:Hi hillol
It does not affect ur application if you take social from the state during residing here..However you should aim to have a job while your application is submitted to citizenship department..
It was adviced in many places to have tax paye job during ur application process...
But the truth is if are on the social time u applied its negative for a approval..But a person can be real sick or unable to work in some extent they would consider..
Most important part is be a good character in the state while u residing in Ireland its more important than anything..
Example:court issue ,breaking laws or speeding or other anti social behaviour should be avoided if you want your citizenship application to be successful..
Hope you get an idea regarding your question..
Stay clam and good luck ..
Hi pukon_check,
Many thanks for your reply, it's very helpful indeed.
Just one little more question to ask, may be you or someone else can help me with.
There is very little information on this.
To prove my 5-year reckonable residence in the state, My understanding is that it's more about collecting paperwork as many as possible over the five year period. Can anyone suggest me what sort of correspondence/letters should I aim to collect in order to proof my residence beyond doubts?
At the moment, I get bank statements very 3 months.

Many thanks in advance.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi hillol
Read this instructions you will have an idea.I took all of these from INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website).

INIS web address: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Home

To apply for citizenship by naturalisation based on residence, you must prove that you have been resident in the State for at least 5 years (1,825 or 1,826 days) out of the last 9 years
This includes 1 year (365 or 366 days) of continuous residence immediately before the date you apply.
To prove your residence you must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim. The type of documents you can - and cannot - use as proof are listed below.
+ Documents to use as proof of residence
Document requirements
Submit photocopies - not original documents - with your application.
Each document must show your name and address.
In some circumstances, we may ask you for extra documents or information to prove your residence over certain periods of time.
Documents you can use

You can use household bills for:
* Electricity
* Gas
* Water
* Fixed line telephone
* Fixed line internet
* Fixed line TV
You may also use:
* Documents from the Revenue Commissioners (tax authorities), eg P60, P21
* Bank statements showing daily transactions, eg debit-card transactions in a supermarket
* Documents from Department of Social Protection, eg confirming receipt of payments
* Employment letters or payslips
* Mortgage agreement
* Tenancy/rental agreement
* Letter from the Private Residential Tenancies Board
* Doctor's letter showing date of registration and dates of attendance
* For a dependent young adult (aged 18-23): A letter from your school or college showing your date of registration and attendance
Documents you cannot use

* Documents that do not show your name and address
* Bank statements that do not show daily transactions, eg that only show direct debits or online shopping
* Letters that are not on headed paper
* Handwritten letters from landlords
* Letters from friends
* Letter from a bank stating you have an account
* Letter from a club or library (unless dates of attendance are included)

Note: To apply as an EU/EEA & Swiss citizen, you must have been an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen for more than 5 years.

See this Link :http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... -eea-swiss

However if you legally reside in a country and pay tax you will have enough documents to prove your residency..
An example if you work you will have each a p60 which proves that you are living in here or even if u on social support it will show that you are resident here..

Hope it helps...

hillol
Newly Registered

Post by hillol » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:11 pm

pukon_check wrote:Hi hillol
Read this instructions you will have an idea.I took all of these from INIS (Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service website).

INIS web address: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Home

To apply for citizenship by naturalisation based on residence, you must prove that you have been resident in the State for at least 5 years (1,825 or 1,826 days) out of the last 9 years
This includes 1 year (365 or 366 days) of continuous residence immediately before the date you apply.
To prove your residence you must send us 3 different documents for each year you claim. The type of documents you can - and cannot - use as proof are listed below.
+ Documents to use as proof of residence
Document requirements
Submit photocopies - not original documents - with your application.
Each document must show your name and address.
In some circumstances, we may ask you for extra documents or information to prove your residence over certain periods of time.
Documents you can use

You can use household bills for:
* Electricity
* Gas
* Water
* Fixed line telephone
* Fixed line internet
* Fixed line TV
You may also use:
* Documents from the Revenue Commissioners (tax authorities), eg P60, P21
* Bank statements showing daily transactions, eg debit-card transactions in a supermarket
* Documents from Department of Social Protection, eg confirming receipt of payments
* Employment letters or payslips
* Mortgage agreement
* Tenancy/rental agreement
* Letter from the Private Residential Tenancies Board
* Doctor's letter showing date of registration and dates of attendance
* For a dependent young adult (aged 18-23): A letter from your school or college showing your date of registration and attendance
Documents you cannot use

* Documents that do not show your name and address
* Bank statements that do not show daily transactions, eg that only show direct debits or online shopping
* Letters that are not on headed paper
* Handwritten letters from landlords
* Letters from friends
* Letter from a bank stating you have an account
* Letter from a club or library (unless dates of attendance are included)

Note: To apply as an EU/EEA & Swiss citizen, you must have been an EU/EEA or Swiss citizen for more than 5 years.

See this Link :http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP ... -eea-swiss

However if you legally reside in a country and pay tax you will have enough documents to prove your residency..
An example if you work you will have each a p60 which proves that you are living in here or even if u on social support it will show that you are resident here..

Hope it helps...
Hi pukon_check,
Many thanks for your helpful quick reply.
I really appreciate it.
Hopefully I'll start contributing to this forum by helping others.

Joy Bangla.

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 pm

Thik ase hillol bai..
Joy bangla
Dua roilo
See you on the bright side..