ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewing Passport while BC in progress

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Zhonor

Renewing Passport while BC in progress

Post by Zhonor » Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Hello all,

My passport is expiring soon and I was wondering if I renew my foreign passport; do I need to send the new foreign passport in for my BC application (that was already submitted back in Feb 2017)?

sarwan

Re: Renewing Passport while BC in progress

Post by sarwan » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:00 am

Kindly use NCS from your local council. So that you can retain all your important document with you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:06 am

sarwan wrote:Kindly use NCS from your local council. So that you can retain all your important document with you.
The user has stated he has already submitted his application in February and the subject says '....in progress' :idea: :idea:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Gnanasekar
United Kingdom

Post by Gnanasekar » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:17 pm

Zhonor wrote:Hello all,

My passport is expiring soon and I was wondering if I renew my foreign passport; do I need to send the new foreign passport in for my BC application (that was already submitted back in Feb 2017)?
I have done this in 2014-2015 and didn't had any problem. I hope this isn't a problem in your case as your BRP is the key document.

I applied for BC via NCS in Sep 2014, renewed non-British passport in Dec 2014, got Naturalisation confirmed in Jan 2015, got British passport in March 2015.

Zhonor

Post by Zhonor » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:31 am

Gnanasekar wrote:
Zhonor wrote:Hello all,

I have done this in 2014-2015 and didn't had any problem. I hope this isn't a problem in your case as your BRP is the key document.

I applied for BC via NCS in Sep 2014, renewed non-British passport in Dec 2014, got Naturalisation confirmed in Jan 2015, got British passport in March 2015.
Thank you :) ...