ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKNARIC Visa & Nationality Service for Spouse Visa Red Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gannicus91
Newly Registered

UKNARIC Visa & Nationality Service for Spouse Visa Red Route

Post by gannicus91 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm

Dear Friends,

Has anyone used UKNARIC visa and nationality service recently for their spouse visa application as British citizen in order to meet their following English requirements instead of using IELTS?

Text from https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english

"Alternatively, you can give evidence that you have an academic qualification that both:

was taught or researched in English
is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD"

So my question is should/would UKNaric assessment reports (1. Level of Qualification comparable to UK Masters & 2. Level of English is comparable to CEFR B1) be sufficient enough to meet the above mentioned two English requirements for the application OR do we need to submit original degree/transcript and Medium of instruction letter from the institute along with the assessment reports?

thank you.

trsiam88
United Kingdom

Re: UKNARIC Visa & Nationality Service for Spouse Visa Red Route

Post by trsiam88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:38 pm

gannicus91 wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:41 pm
Dear Friends,

Has anyone used UKNARIC visa and nationality service recently for their spouse visa application as British citizen in order to meet their following English requirements instead of using IELTS?

Text from https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/kn ... of-english

"Alternatively, you can give evidence that you have an academic qualification that both:

was taught or researched in English
is recognised by UK NARIC as equivalent to a bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD"

So my question is should/would UKNaric assessment reports (1. Level of Qualification comparable to UK Masters & 2. Level of English is comparable to CEFR B1) be sufficient enough to meet the above mentioned two English requirements for the application OR do we need to submit original degree/transcript and Medium of instruction letter from the institute along with the assessment reports?

thank you.
Hi Gannicus,

read your post in the Pakistan timeline thread, but since its only a timeline thread I couldn't post a response there.

I have applied for my wife from Lahore in June with biometrics on the 3rd of July. we submitted the UK NARIC statements too but initially when filling out the form I had put in IELTs as my wife had done an IELTS academic exam (only realised after submitting the online application that it was the wrong IELTs so had to sort out UK NARIC instead in a rush), so had submitted both within the supporting documents. on the 19th Sept we received a request to submit the correct IELTs for UKVI as the Academic one was not acceptable. I had to resend them the UK NARIC statements and told them it was in the initial supporting docs pack. So I am hoping they would consider these statements and not just reject the application.

At the same time I received a not straight forward email too, even though it should be straight forward, the only reason I can think of is that I had been in my job for 5 months instead of the 6, so I had submitted payslips for the last 12 months (never been unemployed for the last 6 yrs). I reached out to my MP who did receive a response almost a month after and it was useless, just saying the application is not straighforward and that they have received the additional docs that were requested and will be considered.

Till now have not received any response back, so I am wondering whether we should go down the route of 'Pre-Action Protocol for JR', so reaching out to you as you have had the experience of doing it. Its not been 6 months for us as yet so might have to wait for another month before I do that. But what was the process like for you and what did you include in your cover letter? What particular details did you include in the letter?

Sorry for the long post, hoping to get some help and thanks in advance!

asadq7
Newly Registered

Post by asadq7 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:01 pm

i did the UKNARIC but in the end got my wife to do the ilets English test as I read too many cases of Home office requesting English test even though exemption was provided by UKNARIC. My solicitor also advised to just do the English test

trsiam88
United Kingdom

Post by trsiam88 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:00 pm

asadq7 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:01 pm
i did the UKNARIC but in the end got my wife to do the ilets English test as I read too many cases of Home office requesting English test even though exemption was provided by UKNARIC. My solicitor also advised to just do the English test
Did you provide them with the IELT certificate after having submitted your supporting documents or as part of the application pack?

asadq7
Newly Registered

Post by asadq7 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm

as part of my evidence