ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ESOL B1 Level certificate

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Camy33
Newly Registered

ESOL B1 Level certificate

Post by Camy33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi,
I have found this information on www.gov.uk:
"If your qualification has run out
Some recognised test qualifications only last for 2 years. You can still use a B1 level qualification that you took more than 2 years ago in 2 situations.

Applying for citizenship

You can use a B1 level qualification that’s run out if you’re applying for citizenship and it was accepted when you settled in the UK.

It doesn’t matter if the B1 level test you took isn’t on the current list of recognised tests. You don’t need to take another test."

I have a certificate ESOL B1 taken in 2010. I have permanent residence from 6 April 2016.
Can I use this certificate for Naturalisation?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ESOL B1 Level certificate

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:42 pm

I have permanent residence from 6 April 2016.

Do you mean ILR??? PR is attained/granted under the EU rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Camy33
Newly Registered

Post by Camy33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:08 pm

No, I have PR as I'm from EU.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Then no, your ESOL will NOT be acceptable. You will need to do another test, one that is on the HO approved SELT list and at an approved test provider or if you have UK degree you can use that or if you have a foreign degree you can get English Language Assessment from UK NARIC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Camy33
Newly Registered

Post by Camy33 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:39 pm

Thank you.
I have studied AAT for 3 years at a College. Is that ok for English language? I've seen here in a waiting time post that someone used a ACCA certificate... I had my AAT Level 4 certificate in December 2016.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:08 pm

Camy33 wrote:Thank you.
I have studied AAT for 3 years at a College. Is that ok for English language? I've seen here in a waiting time post that someone used a ACCA certificate... I had my AAT Level 4 certificate in December 2016.
No it won't be accepted. You either need to pass the B1 level Home Office approved test or hold a degree taught in English.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... ebsite.pdf
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.