ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Right of Abode from Pakistan

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Saqab001
Newly Registered

Right of Abode from Pakistan

Post by Saqab001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:15 am

Hi
I wanted to know do you need TB test for the baby.
I have a 15 month old boy in pakistan. I am thinking of applying for his british passport but its been 4 times my wife has been to gerry office in Islamabad but they send her back with problems all the time. Also it take around 8 months for them to give the passport. I need advice on whether to apply for roa or shall i go for british passport.
Could i get the guidance and step by step procedure for Right of Abode
Also how long would it take from submitting to getting the passport back.
Thanks in advance.

Jay2015
Newly Registered

Re: Right of Abode from Pakistan

Post by Jay2015 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 pm

Hello saqab001.

If you have a british passport by naturalisation or my birth in the UK then you son qualifies for a right of abode. I urge you to strongly think about ROA.It is a very simple process and it take on average 2 weeks to get the stamp.

I am posting my document checklist. I hope this helps. I applied for my 2 month old son, theirfore some documents may not be applicable for others.

Certificate of entitlement to right of abode documents checklist.

Cover letter. (Lynx posted a letter template i used that one)

Naturalisation certificate or british birth certificate which ever os appliciable to yoi

Father passport copies (British)

Wifes passport copies.(Pakistani)

Wifes Visa approved letter copy (not recomended)

Wifes biometric copy (not recomended)

Babys birth certificate

Hospital main bills (its best to provide all the hospital documents prior to birth)

Nadra birth certificate

Nadra family registration certificate

Nadra Bay Form (I got this translated. But you dont have to)

3 months bank uk statments ( to show i had funds for travel)

Utility Bills (UK)

Housing report (UK)

Land Registery (UK)

Sons Passport

Nikkah nama

Marriage certificate

Photos of parents with child

TB TEST

Timeline
Submitted: 01/04/2016
Collection email: 03/05/2016
Phone call: 04/05/2016
Collection with ROA approved : 04/05/2016

Please note of you are collecting for a child, you must take a photocopy of the bay form.

Hamna25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hamna25 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:56 pm

Hello Jay2015,

I am going to applying a right of abode for my daughter who is 4 months old. I applied for my daughter as a dependent on my wife's application as my earning was enough to sponsor both but home office has Granted visa to my wife and said my daughter should either apply for right of abode or British passport. Could you please tell me if i can use 2 months old Housing report and Tb test with my daughter's application as i provided all these with my wifes application? Also where did you submit the papers with the passport?

Thank you.

Hamna25
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hamna25 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:15 pm

Jay2015 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:32 pm
Hello saqab001.

If you have a british passport by naturalisation or my birth in the UK then you son qualifies for a right of abode. I urge you to strongly think about ROA.It is a very simple process and it take on average 2 weeks to get the stamp.

I am posting my document checklist. I hope this helps. I applied for my 2 month old son, theirfore some documents may not be applicable for others.

Certificate of entitlement to right of abode documents checklist.

Cover letter. (Lynx posted a letter template i used that one)

Naturalisation certificate or british birth certificate which ever os appliciable to yoi

Father passport copies (British)

Wifes passport copies.(Pakistani)

Wifes Visa approved letter copy (not recomended)

Wifes biometric copy (not recomended)

Babys birth certificate

Hospital main bills (its best to provide all the hospital documents prior to birth)

Nadra birth certificate

Nadra family registration certificate

Nadra Bay Form (I got this translated. But you dont have to)

3 months bank uk statments ( to show i had funds for travel)

Utility Bills (UK)

Housing report (UK)

Land Registery (UK)

Sons Passport

Nikkah nama

Marriage certificate

Photos of parents with child

TB TEST

Timeline
Submitted: 01/04/2016
Collection email: 03/05/2016
Phone call: 04/05/2016
Collection with ROA approved : 04/05/2016

Please note of you are collecting for a child, you must take a photocopy of the bay form.

Hello Jay2015,

I am going to applying a right of abode for my daughter who is 4 months old. I applied for my daughter as a dependent on my wife's application as my earning was enough to sponsor both but home office has Granted visa to my wife and said my daughter should either apply for right of abode or British passport. Could you please tell me if i can use 2 months old Housing report and Tb test with my daughter's application as i provided all these with my wifes application? Also where did you submit the papers with the passport?

Waiting for your response.

Thank you.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:40 pm

There shouldn’t be any requirements for British citizens to provide TB test nor housing report. Proof of British citizenship should suffice.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.