ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4EUFAM visiting UK

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Stamp 4EUFAM visiting UK

Post by SAtoIE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:20 am

Hi there.

My partner just received her residence card and Stamp 4EUFAM. We are planning to travel to the UK from Dublin next month for a short holiday. Do we need to apply for a visa or will we be able to hop on the plane and go straight there? We are not married so do not have a marriage licence to show at the airport. We are travelling together.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. My understanding at the moment is that she does not need to apply for a visa for us to visit the UK as she has the residence card + EUFAM stamp.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4EUFAM visiting UK

Post by max307 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:45 pm

We already gave you a response to this question before.

ireland/non-eu-spouse-visiting-other-eu ... 27881.html
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Post by SAtoIE » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:01 pm

Yes that was in regards to France. I understand it may be different going to the UK.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:27 pm

France and the UK are both currently on the EU so you and your partner have the same rights in France and the UK, once the UK leaves the EU in 2019 that might change.

In case you get any hassle from the UK immigration officer you can always quote this ruling from the EU - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12 ... 47040.html

I doubt you will get any hassle given the fact that you and your partner are travelling together.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.