ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with EEA permanent residency application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ChinChiminey85
Newly Registered

Help with EEA permanent residency application

Post by ChinChiminey85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:01 pm

hi all

i'm in the process of completing this EEA application online for permanent residency. this is for my wife who has a german passport.

she entered the UK in 1996 where she went to school, being supported financially by her mother who has a British Passport. She has lived in the UK since and has been in full time employment for the past 10 years earning over £50k per annum.

I'm unsure regarding the question around CSI;

"How did you meet the requirement to hold comprehensive sickness insurance while you were a student or self-sufficient person during the relevant period?"

She did not have any private health insurance or other policy during this time. I've seen lots of stories online about applications being rejected because of this.

Does anyone have any advice? Surely you are not automatically rejected because you didnt have private health insurance whilst you're at school??

Thanks

Rupert

forestgump

Re: Help with EEA permanent residency application

Post by forestgump » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:13 pm

If she will apply on her 5 years full-time employment period then she doesn't need a CSI.
CSI only required if she has any education in her 5yrs period.

ChinChiminey85
Newly Registered

Re: Help with EEA permanent residency application

Post by ChinChiminey85 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:41 pm

perfect thank you - with regards to that specific question on the form then - what do i do?

there's only the option for "i did not hold any of the above policies".