ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time before my non-eu spouse can start working?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stefanvl
Newly Registered

Waiting time before my non-eu spouse can start working?

Post by stefanvl » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:22 am

Hi,

I am an EU citizen (Belgium) and my spouse is non-EU. We are currently living in Belfast, my spouse received the papers and has been able to work. Now I received some job offers and am thinking of moving to Dublin but my spouse is not looking forward to another long period of not working. How long would it take t get the permission to work?

Thx

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Waiting time before my non-eu spouse can start working?

Post by max307 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:54 pm

I would prepare to be out of work for at least 3 to 6 months (minimum), times can vary and some people are getting their temporary stamp that allows them to reside, work or study for 6 months sooner than the 3 to 6 months period I mentioned before.

It says on their website that current processing times are approximately 10 months from date of receipt of application.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights

Good luck!
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

zahmed05
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: Waiting time before my non-eu spouse can start working?

Post by zahmed05 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:37 pm

if you can give lease documents, work contract and relationship proof then it takes normally 3-6 to get first stamp and spouse can work after that.