ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport processing timeline

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amit005
Newly Registered

passport processing timeline

Post by Amit005 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:00 pm

hi I live in northern Ireland .I got my citizenship on 21st April 2017 and did applied my Irish passport same day from northern Ireland post office by passport express service . if there any one knows how long its gonna take to get my passport as I have to travel before 25th may 2017. can any one advice me how long will take or is there any one recently got their passport can they share timeline with me so I can guess out my time frame as well . thanks

pukon_check

Re: passport processing timeline

Post by pukon_check » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:17 pm

To Amit005
If u post it passport express I believe passport office should receive it already..
You can track your passport on DFA website..
https://passporttracking.dfa.ie/
Check with your 11 digit number mentioned on the post office receipt..
However I heard this time passport office is very busy..
But hopefully you should be get it before 25th..
NB: DFA office update the passport status once they receive your application with the few hours ..
Hope it helps..

crisbella218
China

Post by crisbella218 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Amit005 wrote:hi I live in northern Ireland .I got my citizenship on 21st April 2017 and did applied my Irish passport same day from northern Ireland post office by passport express service . if there any one knows how long its gonna take to get my passport as I have to travel before 25th may 2017. can any one advice me how long will take or is there any one recently got their passport can they share timeline with me so I can guess out my time frame as well . thanks
Your talking about 29 working days currently to process according to the official figures: https://www.dfa.ie/passporttracking/turnaroundtimes/

So you could be lucky and get it. But according to those figures it will be past the 25th May date for your travel. They did say at the ceremony on Friday not to book travel and it would take 5-6 weeks.

Since 3000 people got citizenship on Friday, I'm sure there is a large amount of those people who will have put in applications like yourself. Plus the holiday season is coming so expect an increase in applications therefore longer processing times.

Good luck.

Amit005
Newly Registered

Post by Amit005 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:59 pm

thanks for letting me know. is there any other option i can try like i go to passpot office or pay extra money or any another option ?

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:19 pm

If you wanted to make it hurry you should of make appointment..but u already posted..my mate went with a appointment but passport office lady said any application as first timer they can't delever urgently..
She said they need to do lots of verification and it kills time can be up to 6 weeks..
But still you can ring or email with prove of urgency..
But haven't said that they might deleverd it before time if all checks are done..wont make unnecessary delay..
Can you track ur application on DFA?