ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extend visiting visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vinny

Re: Extend visiting visa

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:52 am

If he just overstays for over 90 days they may ban him from re-entry for at least one year. If they remove him, the the ban is for at least 10 years.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:02 am

vinny wrote:If he just overstays for over 90 days they may ban him from re-entry for at least one year. If they remove him, the the ban is for at least 10 years.
Thanks . Can they remove him anytime within 90 days or has to be after 90 days? I guess it would be more difficult if he applies visiting visa again although just after one year ban?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:04 am

I would guess at any time after they become aware.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:31 am

vinny wrote:I would guess at any time after they become aware.
Thanks for the info

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:26 am

vinny wrote:If he just overstays for over 90 days they may ban him from re-entry for at least one year. If they remove him, the the ban is for at least 10 years.
Hasn't the 90 days recently changed to 30 days?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:30 am

Yes. Only for overstays that began from 6th April 2017.

This one began in Feb 2017.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:40 am

vinny wrote:Yes. Only for overstays that began from 6th April 2017.

Ahh, thanks vinny :wink:
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:12 pm

vinny wrote:Yes. Only for overstays that began from 6th April 2017.

It's getting more strict! Don't understand why people are doing this - can't get a job-well in most of the cases. Can't have a proper life !

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:14 pm

Can anyone please help me any where I can find you need return tickets so you can enter the UK ? Home office website? Is there any rules for that ? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:27 pm

There is no specific reference to air ticket etc but the rules refer to 'leave the UK.....'. See point V4.2 in the immigration rules for visitors link below.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... itor-rules

On arrival, the IO can and mostly do ask for proof of a return air ticket before allowing a visitor to enter the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:27 pm

I know this post has been back to Mar this year. This is ongoing nightmare. Have reported to home office that this person now has been overstaying for more than 6 months. Got his passport and visa page copy. It says visa expiry 23 Feb 2017. Below is their reply, can anyone explain why they cannot take action? It looks like those evidence aren't good enough. Much appreciated

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to contact Immigration Enforcement regarding a suspected immigration crime. Your information has been assessed, and I am writing to inform you of the outcome of our checks.

We cannot take immediate action on the information provided, at this time. However, we have recorded your information on our intelligence systems as it may be useful to help us decide how to handle subsequent applications.

The information you provided was valuable to us and has assisted us in building a picture of immigration crime, which allows us to target resources to areas of most abuse.

There is no need to report the same offence again. Repeated reporting of the same information will not change the outcome of our investigation and could potentially slow the progress of any ongoing enquiries.

If you have additional information about this case or another case which you think would enable us to investigate further please report it in confidence, via our online reporting service at:

www.gov.uk/report-immigration-crime

However please do not actively seek to obtain further information or put yourself at risk.

Yours sincerely,

Immigration Enforcement

Please note we are unable to deal with any queries or other correspondence sent to this e-mail inbox.

ybyuan2001

Post by ybyuan2001 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 pm

! Message from: ybyuan2001
I know this is an old post. This persona is still in the uk .He disappeared the beginning Of Dec 2017 for 7 days . He has not friend or relatives in this country . I assumed he has been caught by HO. From what I have gathered he received a letter from HO. Could anyone tell me what is the procedure to remove an overstayer. How long does it take?
Much appreciated !